Position: Junior Visual Designer
Company: Millennium Space Systems
Location: El Segundo CA US
Millennium Space Systems delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
As a Junior Designer at Millennium Space Systems, you will be working with the Creative Media Designer on a range of ambitious and innovative products to develop your existing skills. Responsible for helping drive the creative direction of campaigns and various design tasks, an understanding of typography, layout, grid systems, and color theory will be needed to help produce the best work possible.
Working knowledge of the following software and skills is required:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe Muse CC
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Taking photos with a Canon DSLR camera (EOS Rebel T5i)
- Batch post-processing in Adobe Lightroom
- Experience with linear video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere
- Mac OS X environment
Communication is a huge part of the job, so the junior designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key when moving towards brand promotion and recognition. An up-to-date portfolio targeted to the skill set, industry knowledge and discipline is absolutely required for the position. Applicants who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered for the position.
The specific details of a junior designer at Millennium Space Systems will vary depending on the role, but common activities include:
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
- Effectively acting as a liaison with employees and management
- Supporting the design process throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
- Editing templates for desk signs and business cards for new employees
- Keeping library of corporate assets and identity packages up-to-date
A junior designer needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- Some creative industry experience
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- A background of working as part of a design team
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organizational skills that support the rest of the design team
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve.
From time-to-time, a junior designer may need to work hours that aren’t typical, so a flexible approach is needed to get the best from the job.
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.