New Subscription-Based On Demand Service Provides Engaging Entertainment for Passionate Fans of Wildlife
Santa Monica, CA – March 5, 2018 – Zone·tv™, continuing its growth as the largest provider of subscription video on-demand programming, today announced that a new nature-focused online subscription video-on-demand service, Lion Mountain TV, is now available on Comcast’s Xfinity X1 platform.
Based in South Africa, Lion Mountain TV’s motion pictures and television productions focus on African wildlife and adventure programming including everything from classic animal-centric cartoons, to dramatic wildlife rescue and endangered species protection series and specials.
“If you are a naturalist at heart, here is an easy way to find your passion. No more hunting around the dial; deep and intriguing dives on programming from aardvarks to zebras can be easily found on Lion Mountain TV,” said Jeff Weber, CEO, zone·tv.
X1 customers can find the service by saying “Lion Mountain TV” into their X1 voice remote or by finding it within the networks section of Xfinity on Demand. On Lion Mountain TV, Xfinity customers can watch:
- Caught on Africa Live – From the drama of lions on the hunt to intimate encounters with elephants, this program immerses viewers in the wild.
- Secret Creatures of Jao – This program highlights the Okavango Delta in Botswana, trailing wildlife families and documenting their travails.
- Africa’s Outsiders – Viewers can learn more about some of Africa’s most unique beasts like a white lion, a yellow crocodile and a white baboon.
- Charging Back – Africa’s rhinos are among the continent’s most endangered species and this program documents their fight for survival.
- Lions of Crocodile River – Recorded over three years, this series tracks all the pride’s family dynamics, from the lazy relatives to jealous neighbors to runaway kids.
Lion Mountain TV joins several zone·tv SVOD choices available to Xfinity customers including: the recently launched PlayKids targeting 2 to 8-year-old viewers with a TV experience customized to the child’s learning level; FitFusion TV, a fitness offering focusing on a variety of work-out varieties and healthy lifestyles; and Tumblebooks TV, an ad-free, read-watch-learn subscription service for children in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Selections of zone·tv’s diverse programming can be seen on AT&T U-verse, Xfinity TV, DIRECTV, CenturyLink, TELUS, Bell Canada, Frontier Communications and others. Zone·tv offers more than 30 new and original channels to North America and Europe. Zone·tv is bridging the gap between technology and engaging programming with zone·tv Dynamic Channels. The result is a new cable/satellite content category that offers a best-in-class personal user experience blending the convenience of linear viewing with the flexibility of on-demand programming in a highly personalized viewing experience. Zone·tv genres include kid’s programming, fitness, cooking, casual games, sports, lifestyle among other popular genres. The company has offices in Toronto and Santa Monica, CA. For more information, visit www.zone.tv.
For more information, contact:
Latest posts by bobgold (see all)
- Ooyala Optimizes SUPER RTL’s OTT Service with Ooyala Flex Media Platform and Microsoft Azure - September 18, 2018
- Ooyala Flex Media Platform to Support Interoperable Master Format for Simpler Workflows, Lower Costs and Time-to-market - September 18, 2018
- New Strategic Partners Ooyala and ODMedia Streamline Video Processing abd Global Delivery - September 18, 2018