Position: Live Ops Streaming Media Engineer
Location: Santa Monica CA US
The Live Playback team delivers consistent, elite customer experiences which "just work" for everyday consumers. We build reliable, high performance live experiences, and we take ownership of the end-to-end live streaming experience- from the live encoding core platform out through AIV’s client applications. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. If you crave a sense of ownership, this is the place to be.
Our Live Playback team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Support Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding video eco-system, especially for live events. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses providing production ticket support (tier-3 support, escalations to engineering teams) for multiple products and platforms, engineering development support, and business decision making support.
Some of the key job functions:
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services
- Design and Implement HLS, DASH, h.264, h.265 technologies and systems for OTT delivery
- Execute multiple live streaming events concurrently; be the sole owner of many tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks
- Work on operations and maintenance and driving improvements, automation
- Grow into ability to develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- System and Support status reporting.
- Ownership of one or more Video products or components.
- Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
- Work with senior engineers and other teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues, prioritizing root-cause fixes with engineers and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant technical experience
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system and system administration
- Knowledge of AWS technologies, and networking concepts
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues. You’re a natural problem solver!
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- 3+ years overall development/technical support experience
- Live streaming experience or experience is a similar production environment.
- Strong understanding of HLS, DASH, DRM, Smooth, h.264, h.265 video streaming and encoding technologies.
- Experience in Python and/or shell scripts
- Knowledge of encoding hardware software, i.e., ffmpeg, Harmonic, Elemental.