2018 was a milestone year for LiveU, with the launch of its compact LU300 HEVC field unit and its award-winning LU600 HEVC solution taking live sports and news coverage to a new level.
At this year’s CABSAT show, LiveU will be showing its complete HEVC broadcast product suite together with its LiveU Matrix next-generation IP cloud video management platform. LiveU will also be introducing its Solo+ plug-and-play wireless encoder for online media, customized for the Middle East.
HEVC Product Family
NEW Powerful Compact LU300 HEVC Unit
Representing the first showing in the region, LiveU will be presenting its new small-sized, cost-effective and reliable LU300 HEVC field unit. At an attractive price-point, the LU300 HEVC solution is tailored to customers requiring a smaller field unit for high-quality video-on-the-go. With LiveU’s proven hardware-based HEVC encoding technology at its core, the new LU300 HEVC combines high-quality video performance with extreme bandwidth efficiency in a compact form-factor. Unlike software solutions, LiveU’s hardware solutions are encoding in HEVC all the time, providing longer battery time (the LU300 includes a three-hour internal battery).
Weighing just over 900 grams (2 lbs) and available in a pouch or camera-mount configuration, the LU300 bonds up to six connections: two LTE-Advanced internal modems, two external modems, WiFi and LAN.
With its new design, the LU300 offers an enlarged 2.2″ display with improved resolution, dramatic improvement in the visibility under sunlight conditions and a new JOG controller for easier control of the unit.
Professional LU600 4K HEVC Solution
LiveU’s flagship LU600 HEVC solution offers the ultimate video performance in live streaming for global newsgathering and beyond. At last Summer’s FIFA World Cup™ in Russia, 485 LiveU units were used by customers from over 40 countries, with over 15,000 hours of flawless transmission.
LiveU will be showing its latest product enhancements including:
- 4K SDI offerings – LiveU’s professional HEVC 4K-SDI card presents an additional 4K product offering within the LU600 suite. The LU600 4K-SDI solution facilitates professional 4Kp50/60 streaming for top-quality production, supporting VR and 360 applications.
- Built-in global roaming capabilities – The LU600 solution offers a fully integrated hybrid roaming solution for hassle-free local and global operation. With the new dual-SIM modem configured with roaming SIMs, every LU600 can be a local and global unit without needing to replace or obtain local SIMs in over 100 countries worldwide
- Video return – Targeted for professional broadcasters, this key product enhancement enables field crews to see what’s currently on-air and receive teleprompt information during live sessions.
The LU600 HEVC delivers the highest video quality and bitrate in the market (up to 20Mbps), fastest file transfer (60Mbps) and lowest delay.
Professional LU610 1U HEVC rackmount encoder
The LU610 is LiveU’s professional 1U HEVC rackmount encoder for vehicles and fixed locations, combining unparalleled video performance with extreme bandwidth efficiency. The powerful encoder, based on LiveU’s LU600 4K HEVC technology, offers the perfect hybrid solution for SNG trucks, point-to-point and point-to-multipoint distribution.
The LU610 provides superior HEVC video streaming quality (up to 20Mbps) using cellular, satellite, wired internet or hybrid connections.
LiveU Matrix IP Cloud Video Management Platform
LiveU Matrix is a next-generation platform for live contribution and distribution over IP, enabling broadcasters to view, manage and distribute live content quickly and efficiently.
Designed by broadcasters for broadcasters, the dynamic cloud platform makes it simple to curate content through one interface. Users can easily search, filter, preview, and distribute live feeds to one station, multiple stations, or thousands of end points within their entire affiliate network.
LiveU Solo+ One-Touch Wireless Encoder
For the first time in the region, LiveU will be demonstrating Solo+, its high-quality, plug-and-play live streaming device for online media with its Studio Cloud Graphics suite, customized for the Middle East.
Built on LiveU’s proven bonding technology Solo+ is the streaming solution of choice for major online media companies and affordable and easy enough for anyone to use. Solo+ allows users to live stream seamlessly directly to Facebook Live, Twitter, YouTube Live and other popular social media and online video providers.
The Cloud Graphics provides customers with the ability to send a stream and insert innovative graphics in real-time in the cloud.
Latest posts by Jump (see all)
- Insight TV Takes Combat Fighting to a New Level With Power &…Martial Arts Commission - February 20, 2019
- Insight TV Launches on T-Mobile Thuis (Home) Service - February 18, 2019
- Calrec CABSAT 2019 Show Preview - February 7, 2019