New product debuts bring highly-regarded quality, reliability and simplicity of company’s capture solutions to other key workflow functions
July 23, 2018 — Nanjing, China: Magewell is well known for its high-performance yet cost-effective capture products, which enable end-users, systems integrators and OEM developers to reliably integrate professional video and audio signals into today’s software-based media production workflows. At the IBC2018 exhibition, taking place September 14-18 in Amsterdam, the company’s key theme will be showcasing how its latest innovations extend its product lines “beyond capture” into other critical signal processing functionality. Magewell will exhibit in stand 8.A84.
Spearheading this expansion will be the European debut of Magewell’s new Ultra Stream HDMI standalone streaming encoder. Making live streaming remarkably simple even for non-professional users, Ultra Stream HDMI lets them record or stream high-quality video with one click using on-device buttons or an intuitive smartphone app.
Users can stream to popular services including YouTube, Facebook Live or Twitch or to a custom-specified server, and can record video as files to a directly-connected USB drive or the associated smartphone. The device encodes video up to 1080p60 from an HDMI input and also supports 4K sources, down-converting them automatically to HD.
Magewell will also provide a sneak preview of new solutions that bring the company’s hardware and software benefits to IP-based production infrastructures, bridging traditional video signals with live, network-based media transport. More details will be shared closer to the show.
In addition to these IBC premieres, Magewell’s exhibit will feature established and previously-announced product lines including:
- Flex I/O – Flex I/O PCIe input-output cards combine Magewell’s highly-regarded video capture advantages with versatile playout capabilities. Available with SDI or HDMI interfaces, the first two Flex I/O models each feature four input channels and two outputs, all of which can be used simultaneously with independent resolution, frame rate and processing settings for maximum flexibility.
- Eco Capture (M.2) – Ideal for use in small and embedded systems where full-sized PCIe slots are unavailable, the Eco Capture family of video capture hardware offers OEMs and systems integrators an ultra-compact capture solution with low power consumption. Featuring an M.2 connector and measuring just 22x80mm, four Eco Capture models offer single-channel 4K (HDMI), dual-channel HD (HDMI or SDI) or quad-channel HD-SDI capture.
- Pro Capture – New models and enhancements in Magewell’s flagship Pro Capture family of PCIe capture cards will make their IBC debuts, including a multi-channel CVBS model for ingesting legacy analog signals, an additional dual-channel 4K Ultra HD configuration, and recently-added HDR support in select configurations.
- USB Capture Plus – Magewell’s plug-and-play, external USB Capture Plus devices continue to be the easiest and most reliable way to bring SDI, HDMI or DVI sources into popular software, enabling all types of computers including laptops to capture HD or 4K signals through a standard USB 3.0 interface.
“While we continue to expand and enhance our popular capture card families, our newest offerings are designed to bring our hallmarks of exceptional performance, quality, reliability and simplicity to other critical functions in acquisition, production and distribution workflows,” said Amy Zhou, Sales Director at Magewell. “We look forward to introducing these new solutions to international attendees at IBC2018.”
For more information about Magewell, please visit www.magewell.com.
About Magewell – Founded in 2011, Magewell (www.magewell.com) designs and develops hardware and software for video and audio capture, processing, streaming and playout. With guiding principles of continuous innovation and providing outstanding customer service, Magewell has earned a strong reputation for the exceptional quality, performance and reliability of its solutions. Distributed globally, Magewell products are used in professional video applications including live event streaming, broadcast, medical imaging, lecture capture, surveillance, video conferencing, gaming and more.
- Magewell to Preview New Device and Stream Management Software at InfoComm 2023 - May 23, 2023
- Magewell Bringing New Presentation, Streaming, and AV-over-IP Solutions to InfoComm 2023 - May 10, 2023
- Magewell Adds Wireless Screen Sharing Inputs to USB Fusion Video Capture and Mixing Device - April 5, 2023