Position: Manager, Special Projects
Company: Vox Media
Location: New York NY US
As Manager, Special Projects you’ll wear many hats. Among them, you will: work on large-scale partnerships that grow brand awareness, identify and execute new revenue opportunities, facilitate executive initiatives, and lead cross-departmental programs.
The bottom line is that you’ll do things that are outside the scope of many roles but are essential to company growth and success. The trick is, can you wear all those hats with a level head, smarts, and a sense of grace and humor?
Ideal candidates are entrepreneurial types who like to get their hands dirty. You should be a self-starter, self-sufficient, self-reliant, and selfless. You anticipate things that need to get done. You are resourceful and a problem-solver, even when you don’t fully understand the problem. You communicate effectively and efficiently with people across many organizations and experience levels.
The job is very dynamic, and you should be too.
This position will report to the Director, Special Projects and reside within the Marketing department. This position will be based in New York. There may be some, occasional travel depending on project.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Director in different tasks and projects by creating and updating necessary documents, facilitating meetings, developing presentations, and managing projects as necessary.
- Coordinate partnership initiatives from start to finish including reach out, research, comparative analysis, negotiation and contract development.
- Manage the execution of marketing initiatives including developing media plans, coordinating design assets, attending weekly partner calls, and, if applicable, event coordination.
- Lead your own special projects, either assigned by the executive leadership or initiated on your own.
- Communicate updates on the department’s initiatives and progress across multiple departments.
- Interface with executive leadership on ad-hoc basis to execute short-term, high-profile projects.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong written communication minus the jargon
- 2-plus years working in digital media, preferably in a startup environment
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Keynote, and CustomShow
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Adwords, and comScore, and the ability to easily pull and interpret data from those sources
- Ability to manage several projects at once and prioritize accordingly
- Superior organizational skills, both mentally and in tangible outputs
- Experience creating marketing materials for differing audiences
- Ability to see the long-term picture but deliver short-term success
- Flexibility to pivot your workday as needed while maintaining a level head and a positive attitude
- Strong eye for detail
Bonus points for:
- Background in experiential execution
- Interest in the changing media landscape, pop culture, politics, and epicurean pursuits
- Sense of humor — both wit and off-kilter welcome — and a easy-going attitude
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn’t describe you perfectly, please get in touch anyway and tell us why you want to work with us.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.