- Marquise’s solutions add support for the latest mezzanine encoding technology for its top-end, post-production customers
- The VC-6 integration will help Marquise’s customers in their move to 4K, 8K and beyond in a virtualised all-IP cloud-based workflow
- VC-6’s unique approach makes it extremely fast and provides easy access to any resolution and region-of-interest
Gland, Switzerland – March 21 2022 – Marquise Technologies, a provider of state-of-the-art solutions for digital cinema post-production, the broadcast industry and the OTT content providers and V-Nova, a leading provider of video compression technology, today announce that V-Nova’s VC-6 compression technology is now integrated into its suite of media post-production solutions. This increases the range of supported ingest and egress formats and makes the latest video codec technology available to Marquise’s customers.
SMPTE ST 2117-1 (VC-6), the innovative professional multi-layer coding standard that utilizes in-loop AI techniques, was added for its distinctive approach to video coding and unique features. VC-6’s compression efficiency and speed in both lossless and lossy modes, plus its ability to be implemented efficiently in software on both CPU and GPU and its capability to easily provide high quality lower resolution proxies and region of interest decoding makes it particularly suitable for the emerging and challenging 4K, 8K and larger cloud-based production workflows.
VC-6’s unique approach to compression is not based on transforms such as DCT or wavelet but employs a hierarchical series of S-Trees, directional transforms and AI tuned image processing – re-using the same structures at different resolutions – a capability that makes the codec extremely fast when implemented in software.
A direct application for the post-production industry is that no re-encoding is necessary for viewing the content at any alternative resolution. A key feature when the media is stored outside a LAN and the viewing device is not a 4K or 8K reference monitor.
“Adding VC-6 to our product range opens new working horizons for our customers, particularly today with the need to work on remote content with accuracy and ease. We are also excited about the imminent standardization of VC-6 carriage within MXF which will facilitate the adoption of this format for next generation broadcast and online post-production workflows,” said Laurence Stoll, CEO at Marquise Technologies.
“We’re excited to witness a top-end player like Marquise adopt VC-6 and expand its ecosystem and platform availability. This addition will put VC-6 and its capabilities at the disposal of the top post-production facilities, accelerating their move to higher resolution workflows. We will continue to work closely with Marquise and support the rapid adoption of its superb products and solutions.” said Guido Meardi, CEO at V-Nova.
- Nevion Awarded Information Security Management System Certification - November 15, 2022
- Norway’s TV 2 and Telenor to build a sports production ecosystem using Nevion solution - September 28, 2022
- Merapar adds to video ecosystem with new RDK licence - September 28, 2022