Friedrichsdorf, Germany – May 20, 2021 – Following on the success of its popular “Demystifying” and “Ask the Trainer” ongoing webinar series, Maxon is pleased to announce “VFX and Chill” — a weekly live talk show where Maxon‘s own Daniel “Hashi” Hashimoto (a.k.a. Action Movie Dad) and Seth Worley break open visual effects shots from film, tv or games, and attempt to show viewers how to put them back together. The 90-minute show debuts May 28, 2021 and will stream live every Friday at 10am PDT on YouTube.
Each week the hosts (and the occasional guest artist) will peel back the curtain on a part of the VFX creation process that’s mostly omitted from tutorials: the exploratory, beginning stages of creating an effect, where artists throw ideas and iterations at the wall to see what sticks. It’s in that trial and error that the creator often discovers new workflows and tricks they never knew even existed. The hope is to inspire and educate, and maybe even introduce a few new techniques and tools that even veteran designers have missed.
“VFX and Chill is more of an entertainment talk show format than an instructional tutorial,” commented Worley. “Sort of like if ‘VFX Artists React’ and conversational podcast collided and there were no survivors.”
“Sometimes we’re going to ace it, break it all down perfectly and deliver a finished shot,” added Hashimoto. “Other times we’re going to fail horribly. Either way, everyone will learn something.”
About The Hosts:
- Daniel “Hashi” Hashimoto is a veteran After Effects Artist from DreamWorks Animation, and creator of the viral YouTube Series “Action Movie Kid” partnering with Toys ‘R’ Us, Disney and Lucasfilm. He is currently a senior content creator at Maxon.
- Seth “Seth” Worley is an award-winning director of short films, commercials, and explainer videos for Bad Robot and Sandwich. He is also the co-founder and creative director of Plot Devices, and a senior content creator at Maxon.
Maxon makes powerful, yet approachable software solutions for content creators working in 2D and 3D design, motion graphics, visual effects and visualization. Maxon’s innovative product portfolio helps artists supercharge their creative workflows. Its product lines include the award-winning Cinema 4D suite of 3D modeling, simulation and animation technology, the diverse Red Giant lineup of revolutionary editing, motion design and filmmaking tools, and the high-end production, blazingly fast Redshift rendering solutions.
Maxon’s team is comprised of fun, passionate people who believe in building and empowering a successful artistic community. From its popular, inclusive events to its free Cineversity educational resources, Maxon recognizes that developing strong connections with creatives and fostering their professional growth is integral to Maxon’s ability to stay on top of industry trends and better serve customers.
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Zazil Media Group
(e) [email protected]
(p) +1 (978) 866-7354
- DaVinci Resolve Studio and Fairlight Desktop Console Used for Audio Post on Magnificent Madness TV Series - September 16, 2021
- Creamsource Announces Major Firmware Update for Vortex8 - September 16, 2021
- Latest Spot for Chris Hemsworth’s Centr Fitness App Shot Using Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 - September 14, 2021