April 8, 2019
MediaKind enters cloud partnership with Google Cloud to enhance delivery of highly personalized media user experiences
- New partnership enables all MediaKind customers to access its portfolio of solutions and services, pre-integrated into Google Cloud
- Opens up wide range of new offerings through Google’s extensive ecosystem of solutions, including advertising assets, Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) processing and visualization of data, and dedicated global networks
- Combination of MediaKind’s end-to-end TV analytics and Google Cloud’s machine learning capabilities delivers personalized experiences to consumers
MediaKind, a global media technology leader, today announced at the 2019 NAB Show that it has partnered with Google Cloud to enable MediaKind’s entire portfolio of solutions to operate on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). As of today, MediaKind customers can leverage and benefit from Google Cloud’s ecosystem of solutions and assets such as TensorFlow and BigTable, global networking, best-in-class Kubernetes Engine, advanced AI and ML APIs. This new offering opens up possibilities for pre-existing customers of MediaKind and Google Cloud to deliver a heightened level of personalized user experience.
Angel Ruiz, CEO, MediaKind, says: “We have many customers who would like for our software to work in Google Cloud, since much of their other portfolio is already in Google Cloud. Working on a cloud-based architecture enables media operators and service providers toscale quickly and adapt to the demands of changing consumer consumption habits and trends. By integrating our products with Google Cloud, we are opening up production in the cloud to new global markets where cost and ease of integration are big factors in deciding which solution or product to choose.”
MediaKind and Google Cloud have collaborated on a number of projects, most notably on the world’s first 6K tiled 360-degree live sports streaming of a basketball game in Germany, which was delivered to Deutsche Telekom viewers via the Magenta VR app on December 9, 2018. On this project, MediaKind’s virtualized software encoding technology was deployed on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). MediaKind’s software-based video solution was used to efficiently control and operate the traffic flow, while GCP was leveraged to enable flexible, scalable and self-healing cloud processing operations on dedicated dashboards.
Through the entire Google Cloud ecosystem, MediaKind customers can enable a wide range of media applications and workloads through the cloud and take advantage of the greater reach to deliver personalized experiences to end users. The combination of the MediaKind and Google Cloud ecosystems enables faster time to market and more flexible cost structures, lowering the financial risks to creating and delivering immersive media experiences.
Other MediaKind and Google Cloud demonstrations to be hosted on the MediaKind NAB Show booth (SU720) include:
- ‘ABR goes Main Screen’ with MediaKind’s Encoding Live, Prisma and MediaKind Video Cloud Processor (Aquila area)
- ‘Media Experience Any Way’ (Orion area)
- ‘Immersive 360 as-a-service’ (Consumer Experience area)
MediaKind will also be featured in the Partner Pavilion at the Google Cloud booth during NAB.
For more information on the MediaKind Universe, visit the MediaKind website: www.mediakind.com.
About MediaKind at NAB Show
At NAB Show 2019, MediaKind (SU720) will show how it is enabling content owners, broadcasters and service providers to evolve, adapt and shift to new and dynamic workflows with its portfolio of next generation solutions and services. The company will present the MediaKind Universe, a solution and service portfolio with industry renowned breadth and depth. Just as the consumer is positioned firmly at the center of today’s media universe, encircled by choice, the MediaKind Universe responds in kind, enabling content owners & originators, broadcasters and pay TV operators service providers to efficiently deliver unique, immersive experiences. For further information please visit here.
We are MediaKind, a global leader of media technology and services, established as a joint venture between One Equity Partners and Ericsson. Our mission is to be the first choice among service providers, operators, content owners and broadcasters looking to deliver immersive media experiences. Drawing on our longstanding industry heritage, we are driving next-generation live and on-demand, mobile and multiscreen media experiences for everyone, everywhere. Our end-to-end portfolio of media solutions include Emmy award-winning video compression solutions for contribution and direct-to-consumer video service distribution; advertising and content personalization solutions; high efficiency cloud DVR; and TV and video delivery platforms. For more information, please visit: www.mediakind.com.
Latest posts by platformcomms (see all)
- Vionlabs’ newly launched Content Discovery Platform wins Best of Show at IBC2019 - September 19, 2019
- Síminn selects MediaKind to deliver UHD coverage of the English Premier League to viewers in Iceland - September 16, 2019
- Hulu in Japan selects Bitmovin to deliver next-generation online experiences - September 14, 2019