Position: Mid Level Enterprise Architect / Lead Systems Engineer
Location: Washington DC US
Leidos is currently seeking a Mid Level Enterprise Architect to support a program for our Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) customer.
The Enterprise Architect will work as part of the Enterprise Architecture team supporting the design, development, implementation, and use of the VA Enterprise Architecture (EA). The Enterprise Architect, in conjunction with Business Analysts and Government architecture leads, will work directly with senior executives of the enterprise to understand business customer needs and assist in deriving architecture requirements in the form of User Stories to accommodate those needs, and develop architectural changes accordingly. The Enterprise Architect will later engage with customers to determine if architecture products based on changes made, are understandable and provide the information originally requested by the business customer. Based on this feedback, the Enterprise Architect will add new requirements or make appropriate changes to increase architecture value to the business customer.
The Enterprise Architect develops, maintains and coordinates enterprise architecture content and products; aligns the architecture content with strategic goals, objectives, core business functions, as well as laws, regulations, policies, and directives (LRPDs); and aligns VA architecture content with Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) framework. The Enterprise Architect works as part of the Architecture Team to maintain and coordinate content, format and revisions. The team collects, maintains and reports on enterprise program metrics and milestones that measure business transformation progress and provides updates to the Enterprise Transition Plan.
The Enterprise Architect coordinates resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, promoting new ideas and concepts in support of operational goals and objectives; provides technical and analytical guidance; and integrates and translates complex concepts into tactical action plans.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Candidate must pass a National Agency Check (NAC) covering the past 5 years to obtain a VA Medium/BI Public Trust clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline is required with 5 to 8 years of general engineering experience.
- Experience using automated tools to create enterprise architecture models, content, and visualizations (e.g., IBM Rational System Architect). IBM Rational (now Unicom) System Architect and InQuisient Enterprise Elements are the current tools of choice.
- Significant experience with data analysis, experience with data migration and/or data transformation/ETL
o Demonstrated attention to detail regarding data analysis
o Ability to draw conclusions based on the analysis of a set of data (including both commonalities and inconsistencies) and propose appropriate next steps
- Firm understanding of relational data structures
- Significant experience with report creation
- Experience with SQL (i.e. creating/modifying a report using SQL script)
- Significant experience with MS Excel
- Ability to anticipate the next question(s) related to a report request and proactively investigate the related data before the client requests it
- Viewed as a well-developed strategic planning resource capable of handling complex analysis and writing assignments both independently and as part of a workgroup.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little to no supervision.
- Familiarity with VA systems environment is a plus (although someone with the qualities listed above should be able to get up to speed quickly, past experience will reduce the learning curve)
- Experience with DoD or other Federal enterprise architecture environments, processes, and functions OR broad knowledge and experience with both commercial and governmental enterprise architecture environments and functions
- Experience in organizational dynamics, change management, project management, or business transformation efforts.
- Experience with development, implementation, and monitoring of performance management processes and measures.
- Knowledge of and analytical skill in researching relevant Federal Government and VA Laws, Regulations, Policies, and Directives (LRPDs) in support of strategic planning
- Familiar with developing architecture content using agile principles and methods (scrum, sprints, work items, etc.)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.