Position: Mid-Level Oracle DBA – Engineer (TS/SCI – RESTON, VA)
Location: Reston VA US
CACI is responsible for the development of the Network Services (IBS-NS) of the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) Program. IBS-NS is a $100M spiral software development program to provide near real time intelligence data to military users across all services. IBS-NS, a certified CMMI Level 3 program, develops software and delivers suites of hardware to multiple worldwide locations to support critical intelligence dissemination and real world missions. We’re seeking an innovative Oracle database engineer to join our unique team as we continue our history of excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities :
The highly qualified database engineer should have at least 5 years experience as an Oracle DBA. This experience should include, but may not be limited to, native SQL, writing stored procedures, functions, packages, and database architecture/database modeling. In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of SQL and PL/SQL performance tuning; have a sound understanding of the Oracle database environment, specifically database administration; be familiar with Oracle installation and maintenance on Solaris servers; and be able to illustrate familiarity with Oracle utilities and be able to diagnose and resolve database problems.
The applicant must also demonstrate an understanding of Unix shell scripting and be familiar with creating and installing packages on Solaris operating systems. The candidate will need to comply with CMM/CMMI software development practices being applied for this project and throughout the division.
The applicant will be working with the application developers on correct database access procedures and will be asked to write and debug Java code. The applicant may also support the test team by developing scripts that provide scenario data for their environment.
Required Qualifications :
- Active Secret clearance and clearable to Top Secret.
- BS in CS, EE, related field, or appropriate years of experience. Five+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA, with at least 2 years of Unix experience.
- CMM SEI or CMMI software development process experience.
- Experience with Oracle databases & Oracle RAC
- Experience with database upgrades and installation of patches.
- Experience with SQL*PLUS command line interface.
- Some familiarity with Java programming.
Desired Qualifications :
- Experience with Oracle 12c
- Experience with Oracle Streams Replication.
- Experience with Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Experience with Oracle Wallet for password management.
- Experience with Eclipse SVN source code control and Razor.
- Well-rounded engineering credentials.
- Unix Systems Administration experience, Solaris preferred.
- Solaris Cluster Management experience
Company Description :
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World’s Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.