Files Are Stored in the Cloud, Cached Locally, and Synced Globally with low cost units
LAS VEGAS—Morro Systems, an innovative developer of file transfer and storage solutions, will introduce Morro Data for production and post-production at NAB Show in Las Vegas. Morro Data combines the speed and convenience of networked storage with the scalability, flexibility and economy of the cloud to make it easy to sync, share, transfer and save data across sites and between business partners. The service is tailored to small and medium sized workgroups and businesses, including companies involved in production, post-production, editorial, visual effects, animation, design and other data-intensive applications, delivering the features and performance of an enterprise level solution at a fraction of the cost starting at under $998 per location.
“Today, many companies in the media and entertainment industry generate large workflow files that must be securely stored and safely distributed both internally to co-workers and externally to clients,” said founder and CEO Paul Tien. “Morro Data allows users to conduct file management operations through simple drag-and-drop procedures, while eliminating time-consuming uploads and bypassing local PC storage limitations.”
Morro Data employs its xCache technology to facilitate cloud storage in a way that’s fast, simple and affordable. Files are stored in the cloud, cached locally and synced globally. Client computers connect to a cloud service via a Morro CacheDrive, a gateway device installed at each company site. The CacheDrive manages file transfers, freeing client computers for other tasks. Files are downloaded once and synchronized across all locations. Long waits for large media files to upload or download are eliminated. Users can access their files anywhere, anytime from a web-based Team Portal.
Axle Video, developer of media management software widely used by small and medium sized production and post-production companies, has tested Morro Data with its axle 2017 software with excellent results. “This solution offers powerful, new capabilities for video teams that edit and review media at multiple locations,” said axle Video CEO Sam Bogoch.
“Previously, synchronizing files at two or more locations required complex and sophisticated tools, or a lot of manual effort. Morro makes it easy, with familiar network-volume shares for each site.”
Morro Data benefits:
- Fast File Transfers, Sync and Share. No more reliance on complex, error-prone FTP. No long waits to upload or download large media files to a cloud service. Transfer, sync and share are as simple as drag-and-drop.
- With no per-user fees, Morro Data is cost-effective and encourages company-wide adoption.
- Bandwidth Optimization. Files are only uploaded and downloaded once. Users access locally cached copies. Morro Data’s sync technology ensures files are de-duped, reducing repeat transmissions.
- Eliminate VPNs. The Morro Data Global File System ensures that users see all permitted files, irrespective of location, with only one authoritative version per file. A file saved at any location is available to all, with permission controls providing fine-grain data security. No need for costly, complex VPNs.
- Optimize Dropbox and OneDrive. Morro Data is useful to media companies relying on file-hosting services such as Dropbox and OneDrive through cache-accelerated uploads and file sync.
- Impervious to Internet Outages. Users have access to locally-cached files even when the internet connection is down. Cloud sync restarts automatically once the link is restored.
- Continuous Backup and Recovery. Unlimited, seamless, cloud storage expansion and file versioning provides complete data protection and simplified file recovery.
- Secure Private Cloud: Files are encrypted at rest and in transit.
“Morro Data has transformed how we transport files between our offices,” said Jahzeel Omar, Head of Digital Strategy for the Silicon Valley digital agency EIGHT25MEDIA. “With one of our offices coming online while the other is going offline, efficient transferring of large files is top priority to EIGHT25MEDIA. With our previous cloud storage solution, it could take 30 to 40 minutes to upload large files. With Morro Data, it happens in seconds.”
About Morro Systems
Morro Systems empowers small and medium businesses with simple, fast, affordable, enterprise class cloud storage and accelerated file distribution. The Morro Data service features CacheDrive, a cloud storage gateway, and Morro Storage, built on Amazon S3. Files are stored in the cloud, cached in the gateway and synced globally. Morro Systems was founded by Paul Tien (founder of ReadyNAS, acquired by NETGEAR) and his core team.
For more information, visit morrodata.com.
- MTI Film Releases Cortex v5.5 with New AI Tools for Frame Rate Conversion and Up Resolution - December 8, 2022
- Rising Sun Pictures’ VFX Supervisor Wins AACTA Visual Effects Award for ‘Elvis’ - December 5, 2022
- Motion Picture Sound Editors to Honor Supervising Sound Editor Gwendolyn Yates Whittle with Career Achievement Award - November 29, 2022