HOLLYWOOD—MTI Film today announces that its workflow solution CORTEX v5.2 has been officially certified to support Dolby Vision™ Content Mapping v4. CORTEX can be used to apply Dolby Vision™ Content Mapping algorithms (v2 and v4) in preparing Dolby Vision™ IMF packages, and when importing, exporting or modifying Dolby Vision™ XML and MXF files.
“CORTEX includes the most complete toolkit for Dolby Vision™ packaging among IMF mastering solutions,” said MTI Film Director of Product Development Randy Reck. “It is the first mastering software to achieve v4 content mapping certification from Dolby. We continue to add support and features to make the process of fulfilling complex delivery requirements fast, reliable and accurate. Support for the latest Dolby Vision™ Content Mapping, version 4, is another important step forward.”
Content Mapping is a critical color process specific to individual monitors, ensuring the optimal appearance of an HDR title, in all its various versions. Support for Dolby’s latest Dolby Vision™ Content Mapping v4 in CORTEX v5.2 means that the creative intent of cinematographers and colorists is best represented across all types of consumer displays from tablets to HDR TVs, now including the newest HDR TVs released in late 2019, which will have Dolby Vision Content Mapping v4.
CORTEX v5.2 also now offers support for CUDA 10 (including Nvidia 2080TI cards), AJA Kona 5 and Blackmagic Decklink 8K.
Other product new features and improvements include:
- Support for ACES 1.1
- Improved waveform reticles and a millivolt scale
- Ability to append to LTO tapes and PDF reports
- Audio waveforms on audio tracks in the Edit tool
- Support for IMSC 1.1 and image-based subtitles
- New RED SDK, v7.1
- Support for Blackmagic RAW
- New Sony SDK to include Sony XOCN 4K 2.39 and Venice CineAlta-V at 6K-16×9 and 6K-2.39
- Improved HDR support for HEVC
- Support for SXR file format
- Improved handling of EXR metadata
- Support for ProRes RAW
- Improved ProRes MXF rendering
- File per edit renders in a supplemental IMF
- Improved DCP signature compliance when creating an encrypted DCP
- Improved dead pixel detection
CORTEX v5.2 upgrades are available through the MTI Film website to current CORTEX Enterprise, Dailies and DIT+ license holders with current support contracts. Users needing to renew support should contact, MTI Film sales at [email protected].
About MTI Film LLC
MTI Film is a leading provider of software and services to the entertainment industry. Its software division delivers ground-breaking tools for dailies processing, digital film restoration and other critical process. They include the CORTEX family of products, which offer comprehensive solutions for dailies processing, media management, deliverables and more, and DRS™ NOVA, the industry standard for digital film restoration.
For more information visit www.mtifilm.com.
- Supported by PNYA and NY State VFX/Animation Tax Credits: New York’s Visual Effects Providers Eye a Post-COVID-19 Comeback - August 10, 2020
- Post New York Alliance (PNYA) to Examine Post-Production in a Post-COVID World - August 5, 2020
- Goldcrest Post Finishes Sound and Picture for Indie Thriller “She Dies Tomorrow” - August 3, 2020