(Beaverton, Oregon – March 17, 2015) – At NAB 2015 in Las Vegas, isovideo will showcase its latest NVIDIA GPU-accelerated, superior quality, on-the-fly Viarte media content transformation server, with breakthrough quality motion-based temporal noise reduction technology. Viarte was one of five winners of the prestigious Game-Changer Awards by the IABM/NAB 2013. isovideo Viarte technology enables media professional and content owners to address many challenges facing the industry, allowing potential untapped value to be realized via i) online, ii) Blu-ray, iii) broadcasting and iv) theatre, in the most timely and cost-effective manner. The faster one can bring best quality content with lower costs to all distribution platforms, the better the returns.
Viarte Capabilities and Benefits:
isovideo technologies enable highest quality file-based/stream-based content transformation experiences, with a combination of advantages in both high-throughput and low-delay performance, extreme flexibility, and efficient scalability to handle any tasks.
Viarte capabilities include highest quality 1) standards conversion. 2) digital remastering. 3) cinema quality, 100% vertical deinterlacing with little visible flicker, and sophisticated inverse telecine. Viarte deinterlacing averages a 21% AVC/HEVC bit rate reduction. 4) Viarte’s edge sharpening up/down scaling from SD to 4K/8K, combined with 5) detail-retaining breakthough quality noise reduction, enable your SD and HD content to look better than ever before. 6) cinema quality any-to-any (23.976p – 120p) frame rate conversion that includes:
- sophisticated, accurate simulated motion-blur capability to reduce judder on playback, when down-converting from 50, 60, 120 frames/sec to lower rates such as 24, 30, 48;
- highest quality (film/Blu-ray applications) low frame-rate conversions between 23.976p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p and 30p with pristine sources;
- Precise temporal conversion by up to +/-10% allows material to fit a time slot, and without introducing visible artefacts or judder due to frame dropping/duplication.
Viarte Noise Reduction Advantages and Applications:
In particular, isovideo will be showing its latest Viarte noise reduction technology. All Viarte technology, including noise reduction, has been used in cinema applications. isovideo’s noise reduction results were presented at the recent JCT-VT Geneva meeting. Using standardized test sequences, it reduced AVC/HEVC file sizes by over 50% at CRF 18 or below for high quality camera shots (containing only shot noise, no visible film grain). For normal SD/HD footage with both film grain and shot noise, up to 72% AVC/HEVC bit reduction was achieved at CRF 18 or below, and up to 45% at CRF 24 or below. This has significant benefits and applications, such as:
- significantly improving visual quality,
- significantly reducing compressed file sizes at high quality (low CRF values) – often doubling the capacity of Blu-ray disks,
- further reducing AVC/HEVC compressed bandwidth for online distribution, beyond HEVC. This can be a key enabling technology for UHD/4K/8K penetration, as UHD camera shot noise continues to be an issue.
Viarte NAB Promotions:
Visit isovideo in the South Hall, Booth SU10204 at the Las Vegas Convention Center from April 13-16, 2015 to see many demonstrations. isovideo will also be offering both free and limited NAB promotions for all of their Viarte conversion services. Please contact isovideo for more detail – your movie trailers/TV show previews may qualify for free or promotional rate conversion/up-scaling/noise-reduction.
For more information about isovideo, please visit isovideo, and follow us on Twitter and Youtube.
isovideo is an innovative start-up company in the digital media technology and servicing industry. We specialize in file-based, GPU accelerated, video processing (including frame-rate conversion, deinterlacing, inverse-telecine, scaling, noise-reduction, transcoding, etc.) services and server systems for the TV and entertainment industry. isovideo offers the best quality and fastest turn-around multi-format content transformation, including breakthrough quality SD/HD to HD/UHD services for remastering, cinema quality low frame-rate conversion, and retiming.
- isovideo Announces New Stunning-Quality HDR/HLG/SDR HD/UHD/4K Conversion Self Service withSteep Cost and Time Savings and 100 free film Post-NAB Promotion - April 25, 2018
- isovideo to showcase its Visually-Optimized HDR to SDR Tone-Mapping & SDR to HDR Conversion Solutions at SMPTE2016 - October 10, 2016
- NAB 2016 Latest – isovideo to Demonstrate Visually-Optimized HDR to SDR Tone-Mapping and HEVC on Noise Reduced HDR Content - April 11, 2016