(Oregon – March 22, 2016) – At NAB 2016 in Las Vegas, isovideo will showcase its latest NVIDIA GPU accelerated, cinema quality, on-the-fly Viarte server clusters, which can seamlessly digitally convert/transform/remaster/encode a wide variety of media content, including SD to UHD, interlaced/progressive, HFR, HDR/WCG, PQ (SMPTE ST 2084) and HLG, etc. with highest precision computational pipeline (16-bit I/O and 32-bit internal float-point processing), and with concurrent multi-format configuration and output.
In particular, isovideo will be demonstrating its latest Viarte motion-compensated (MC) HDR/SDR noise reduction, which has made another substantial advancement, primarily due to improved motion and robust noise modeling. For example on HDR test material, at 50dB PSNR, the bit-rate reduction is over 80%, dropping to 65% at 45dB on average. The PSNR gain at 3Mbps or higher is over 3.5dB. In general, the latest processing bests the previous version by 1-3dB, reducing HEVC/AVC bit-rates by 50% on average, and up to 5x on lower CQP values, while maintaining very subtle details and sharpness.
Benefits and Applications of MC Noise Reduction:
- Reduced storage or network bandwidth for studio archives, with much improved downstream workflow efficiency,
- Significantly lower bit-rates with any lossy encoder in soft realtime IP contribution applications,
- Increased effective capacity for Blu-ray, or portable storage devices,
- High quality OTT distribution of HDR or SDR, particularly for PQ encoded sources,
- Digital remastering of SD to HD, or HD to UHD, particularly where edge-preserving sharpening scaling would otherwise magnify noise,
- Reducing noise to prevent perturbations in digital remastering from SDR to HDR, which further reduces noise visibility in HDR displays, thereby increasing immersiveness.
Features and Advancements in MC FRC and Deinterlacing:
The latest Viarte MC processing can readily handle HDR material to the high precision required. Viarte any-to-any MC frame-rate conversion offers particularly highly accurate conversion for HFR, and with stunning quality for HDR with HFR. It also provides additional features:
- Sophisticated, accurate simulated motion-blur capability to reduce judder on playback, when down-converting from HFR down to lower rates;
- Cinema-quality low input-frame-rate conversions;
- Precise temporal conversion by up to +/-10% allows material to fit a time slot without introducing visible artifacts or judder.
Viarte MC deinterlacing (with 100% vertical output resolution, and imperceptible flicker), and sophisticated inverse telecine, when used in conjunction with MC noise reduction offers unmatched image quality with significant HEVC/AVC bit-rate reductions. This enables content owners to re-purpose valuable interlaced content to Blu-ray and OTT, while saving significant bandwidth.
Award and Film Applications:
Viarte was one of five winners of the prestigious Game-Changer Awards by the IABM/NAB 2013. Viarte technology has been used in numerous films and digital remastering applications, including “Made in America” by Academy-Award winner Ron Howard, and the newly released “Daze of Justice” documentary (world premiered on March 12, 2016), etc.
Advantages and Application of On-the-fly Viarte Server Clusters:
Viarte server cluster processing gets a near-linear boost in throughput with the number of servers, leveraging isovideo’s proprietary, efficient and scalable splitting technology. It enables
- Fast turn-around IP-studio workflow by enabling downstream tasks to start as soon as the first output frame appears, which is usually within seconds to minutes depending on configuration. Typical downstream tasks could be: reviewing, network archiving, IP transport, live streaming, etc.
- Fast and very high quality HEVC/AVC or Prores-HQ encoding, etc.
- Potentially significant cost and time savings by using remote IP live feeds (as-is) to a centralized Viarte cluster facility that can standards convert, review, archive, transcode, and transport to other facilities on-the-fly. This can reduce renting and related cost of operating remote processing systems.
Viarte NAB Promotions:
Visit isovideo in the South Hall, Booth SU14608 at the Las Vegas Convention Center from April 18-21, 2016 to see a variety of demonstrations. Reserve a slot for your own live content conversion. isovideo will also be offering limited NAB promotions through April 30, for all of their Viarte conversion services. Please contact isovideo for more details.
isovideo is an innovative start-up company in the digital media technology and entertainment industry. We specialize in file/stream-based, GPU accelerated, superior quality HDR/HFR/WCG processing (including MC frame-rate conversion, MC deinterlacing, inverse-telecine, up/down scaling, MC noise-reduction, encoding/transcoding, etc.) services and server clusters. isovideo offers the best quality and fast turn-around services, including breakthrough quality SD/HD to HD/UHD digital remastering, cinema quality low frame-rate conversion/retiming, and real-time, highly accurate Gamma/PQ/HLG conversions.
- isovideo Announces New Stunning-Quality HDR/HLG/SDR HD/UHD/4K Conversion Self Service withSteep Cost and Time Savings and 100 free film Post-NAB Promotion - April 25, 2018
- isovideo to showcase its Visually-Optimized HDR to SDR Tone-Mapping & SDR to HDR Conversion Solutions at SMPTE2016 - October 10, 2016
- NAB 2016 Latest – isovideo to Demonstrate Visually-Optimized HDR to SDR Tone-Mapping and HEVC on Noise Reduced HDR Content - April 11, 2016