The Blackmagic Design: URSA Broadcast will be one of the most sought after cameras during the 2018 #NABShow convention. This camera can provide for an ideal situation for most every broadcaster, whereas, the URSA Broadcast camera offers a wide range of flexibility from a lightweight field camera to studio camera configuration setups. A strong point is the ability of working with existing lenses and batteries which really corners the marketplace as the most affordable HD/Ultra HD camera out there!
The standard media and file formats are a time saver and cost efficient. The URSA Broadcast records onto readily available SD cards, UHS-II cards and CFast cards, and records 1080i or 2160p video into standard .mov files, with .mxf to be announced in the future. Recording in DNx145, DNx220X, or ProRes allows your current workflows will be seamless as you transition to the URSA Broadcast in your facility. The lens mount being a B4 is included, however, optional EF, PL, and F are available so this camera can meet needs that fill the spectrum. Add the Blackmagic URSA Studio Viewfinder and this camera truly becomes a live studio camera with remote control and built in color corrector, for true studio operations.
If you don’t own the Blackmagic URSA Broadcast, here are 14 nice key features to the camera to consider:
- 2/3 inch sensor size when using 4K B4 mount (Actual sensor size 13.056mm x 7.344mm)
- B4 2/3 inch
- Electronic control via 12-pin broadcast connector. Control also possible via EF mount pins when using optional URSA Mini Pro EF Mount.
- 12 Stops+
- Shooting Resolutions of 3840×2160, 1920×1080
- Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported. Off-speed frame rates up to 60p.
- Four position ND filter wheel with clear, 2-stop, 4-stop and 6-stop ND filters.
- Focus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses with focus servo.
- Iris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video and extended video mode.
- Screen Dimensions at 4 inch.
- LCD capacitive touchscreen.
- Automatically populated lens data from electronic B4 lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes.
- Touchscreen menus on 4 inch screen. Push buttons for other controls. 2 assignable shortcut keys.
- Highly accurate time-code clock. Less than 1 frame drift every 8 hours.
The base price for the Blackmagic URSA Broadcast is MSRP $3,495.00. So who wouldn’t be in the market for this incredible camera at a price point like that? More on Blackmagic Design and their awesome product line as we inch toward #NABShow 2018! Check them out at booth SL216 and SL5816.
About BlackMagic Design:
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.
About #NABShow 2018:
NAB Show, held April 7 – 12, 2017 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest convention encompassing The M.E.T. Effect, the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways.
Broadcast Beat is the Official Broadcaster of the 2018 NAB Show in Las Vegas and the Producer of NAB Show LIVE. In 2017, NAB Show LIVE received over 1.3 million online viewers and during the 2018 NAB Show, we are expected to exceed 1.5 million viewers.
Matt and his family currently reside in the Washington, D.C metro area.