January 5, 2021 – Long-time PlayBox Neo customer, WJFW-TV, an NBC affiliate in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, just added its third AirBox Neo-20 server to handle content and master playout. The latest addition to its PlayBox Neo complement is assigned to WJFW’s primary channel. Two other AirBox Neo-20 servers manage playout for the station’s digital subchannels – Antenna TV and COZI-TV.
WJFW uses its PlayBox Neo system for program and commercial playout, as well as live pass through streaming and graphic overlays for all three channels. All three AirBox Neo servers interface easily with the station’s existing Wide Orbit trafficking system.
“Our PlayBox Neo servers have been rock solid for us,” explained Marty Mangerson, Technical Director, WJFW, “as has the company’s support. We’ve got best-of-breed equipment across the board here, and we didn’t want to downgrade at all for our secondary channels. Thankfully, we didn’t have to. By simply adding another server, we’re 100 percent ready for 24/7 broadcast of our secondary channel – COZI-TV. And the price tag was well within our budget. The PlayBox Neo set up is exactly what we were looking for and what we need for our new channel.”
WJFW first installed an AirBox Neo server and TitleBox Neo CG back in 2006, with consistent software upgrades along the way. A second server was added for Antenna TV, now on Channel 12.3 in May 2011. Antenna TV airs popular TV shows from the 1950’s through the 90’s. The station’s previous server for the main channel is now used by WJFW’s newest secondary channel – Channel 12.2, COZI-TV. NBC-owned COZI-TV airs a library of classic television programs from the 1950’s through the 2000’s.
“As the programming choices increase on dot channels and stations promote their availability to their audience, they’re seeing a big bump in viewership,” said Van Duke, Director of U.S. Operations, for PlayBox Neo. “WJFW wanted to get COZI-TV up and running as quickly as possible with zero change to their workflow at a budget-friendly price. We’re confident the addition of a third AirBox Neo-20 server provides exactly that, and we’re thrilled we could come through for WJFW.”
AirBox Neo-20 provides automated content streaming and broadcast playout for any kind of TV channel: cloud-based, satellite, cable head-ends, over-the-air broadcasters, corporate TV, or internet-based TV. Via its multi-format parallel output playout/streaming engine, AirBox Neo-20 can mix a variety of media files in one playlist and provides multiple SDI/IP streaming UHD/HD/SD outputs simultaneously. Live productions are streamlined to allow insertion and/or execution of various events or live streams into the playlist. For automated playout/streaming AirBox Neo-20 allows playlist scheduling weeks in advance. Gaps and time overlaps are automatically resolved for continuous operation even when there are conflicting timed events.
AirBox Neo-20 features include, among others:
* Cloud and in-premise based installation
* Mixing different media formats, frame rates and resolutions in a single playlist
* Supported output video standards: 4K UHD / HD / SD
* Multiple simultaneous outputs – IP and SDI at the same time
* Live Input: UHD/HD/SD SDI, IP stream – MPEG-2 TS (UDP/RTP), HTTP(S), RTMP, MMS(H), NDI input
* Output: UHD/HD/SD SDI and UDP/RTP/RTMP Stream output in accordance with DVB & ATSC standards
* Closed caption playout support (embedded or external MCC 1.0 / 2.0) for EIA 608, EIA 708 and XDS
* Multi-channel Audio support
* Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby-E audio media playback and output
* Metadata support for text-rich graphics insertion
* Playlist export to EPG generators
For more information, please visit PlayBox Neo at www.playboxneo.com
- Eduardo Solana Joins TVU Networks as Sales Director for Latin America - February 17, 2021
- Live TVU Solutions Beat at the Heart of New Genre of Filmmaking - February 11, 2021
- New FOR-A FA-96DNT Provides 32-Channel Dante I/O for Popular FA-9600 Multi-Purpose Signal Processor - February 11, 2021