Position: NOC Engineer I
Company: Hotwire Communications
Location: Fort Lauderdale FL US
The NOC Engineer I will be tasked with ensuring that network, Data, Video, Voice and application environment run at peak performance by detecting and acting on all exceptions and anomalies. This role monitors the entire Hotwire Communication Network environment. Collects performance statistics on the reliability and efficiency of networks. Incident tickets are generated for exceptions and managed for the lifetime of the incident. Troubleshoots all level 1 incidents and escalates to higher level as needed. Detects outages and remedies. Operates with a high degree of independence and with minimal supervision in a secure environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring, alerting and coordinating
- Monitor production network environment using a combination of monitoring tools to ensure availability.
- Coordinate field router intrusive and non-intrusive testing and repair of circuits.
- Coordinate onsite dispatch of Telecommunication vendor repair services.
- Respond to automated alerts from monitoring tools according to procedure. Use diagnostic tools to ascertain level and criticality of problem. Discover faults and conditions in a proactive manner. Diagnose cause where appropriate and resolve expeditiously.
- Escalate issues and problems according to procedures and best judgment.
- Perform periodic health checks of systems.
- Use judgment and knowledge of networking, systems, and SMS applications to identify problems as they occur and decide on best course of action to resolve.
- Diagnose problems and resolve in an expeditious manner.
- Work with Engineers to resolve production problems.
- Write coherent trouble ticket notes on production incidents and problems.
- May write or revise system documentation and procedures.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining monitoring tools.
Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of ISP.
- Knowledge of Routers and Network Protocols (Cisco) such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS.
- Specialties NOC / Process writing skills or training a plus
- Experience in Monitoring Theory / Implementation a plus
- Experience in Customer Service.
- Experience in current Internet network hardware and software technologies.
- Diagnostic experience of a variety of monitoring applications such as Solarwinds, negios
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a Help Desk or high volume call center preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in IT Operations including knowledge of common tools, methods, and techniques
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in networks and/or server monitoring Skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with routing protocols, specifically OSPF and BGP
- Experience with Optical Platforms, configuration and/or troubleshooting
- Experience working within a cable provider environment
- Experience working with third party circuit providers
- Industry recognized certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, and/or CCDP
- Vendor certifications on any Optical platform (ie: Motorola, ZTE, Alcatel etc)
- Scripting ( shell, expect, php, pyton,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hotwire Communications is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or Veteran status.
Hotwire Communications does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Hotwire Communications and Hotwire Communications will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
*Sponsorship is not available for this position
Job Type: Full-time
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- FOX NE&O Post-Production Engineer - July 21, 2019
- Floral and Design In-House Production and On-Site Crew Member - July 21, 2019
- Production Engineer/IT Specialist – NBC Sports - July 21, 2019