Position: Operations Manager – Studio & Event Ops Team
Company: Milestone Technologies, Inc.
Location: Menlo Park CA US
We are seeking an Operations Manager with a passion for live event management, studio operations, audio-visual experiences, team management, and a commitment to program execution to join our Event Operations team supporting Facebook. Our ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, quantifiable leadership talents, experience with installed audio-visual systems and broadcast level studios, as well as a strong background managing a large team.
- Drive global vision and purpose of Event Operations and Studio Operations teams for Facebook
- Create the operational systems, processes and policies in support of Facebook’s mission
- Organize and manage complex, high pressure, fast paced events and studio shoots
- Identify and generate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) within Event Ops scope
- Generate/update and enforce Service Level Agreements (SLA) for all teams
- Ability to develop and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within Event Ops staff
- Develop strategy to successfully meet quarterly and yearly goals
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
- Keep Facebook Event Ops Manager well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between vendors and clients
- Communicate and enforce Facebook standards, creating and defining new standards as technology and scope evolves
- Create the operational systems, processes and policies in support of Facebook’s mission, improve management reporting, information flow, business process and organizational planning.
- Provide market analysis on data and metrics from past events to drive direction and effectiveness of future events
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for the organization
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Interview, hire, onboard and train new Event and Studio Operations team members
- Provide training and proficiency tracking on all equipment including cameras, switchers, lighting and live streaming
- Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Experience leading and managing a large staff of event and/or studio professionals
- Exceptional leadership, professionalism and customer-service skills
- Excellent task management, verbal & written communication skills, combined with relentless follow-up
- 8 years working knowledge of audio-visual equipment with a proficiency in lighting, sound, video recording and data projection along with experience with the technical challenges and problem solving needs in a event production environment.
- 5 years prior work experience with minimum high school diploma.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 20% Domestic/ International.
Job Type: Full-time