- IBC 2016 sees an upgrade of the Paywizard Agile platform to help operators drive subscriber acquisition and retention, while improving the customer experience
- New features include an enhanced Decision Moments Dashboard with more granular subscriber segmentation, subscriber movements reports and improved payment capture functionality
- Demonstrations of the new platform will be available on the Paywizard Booth at IBC (Hall 14, Stand F32)
Amsterdam, 7 September 2016 – Paywizard, the specialist in subscription, billing and CRM for pay-TV, has announced that at IBC 2016 it is launching a number of key enhancements to its subscriber management platform, Paywizard Agile, which will boost an operators’ ability to act on customer insights that build stronger and more enduring relationships.
The IBC launch of the enhanced Paywizard Agile, which follows the initial introduction of the platform earlier this year at NAB in Las Vegas, incorporates a number of critical improvements that enable operators to more easily and precisely target customers – both for acquisition and retention – at each of the critical ‘Decision Moments’ along the subscriber journey. These are identified as Find, Join, Consume, Upgrade, Downgrade, Bill, Leave, and Win Back.
The award-winning Paywizard Agile platform, with its enhanced Decision Moments Dashboard (released at NAB and voted ‘Best in Show’), will be demonstrated 9-13 September at Stand F32 in Hall 14 at IBC 2016. The dashboard enables operators to track the progress of subscribers through each stage of their customer journey in a more seamless way than ever, allowing them to select specific Decision Moments and structure activity around each particular stage.
Bhavesh Vaghela, Chief Marketing Officer at Paywizard, comments: “Managing subscribers successfully is all about better understanding your customers and having the capability to more effectively react to their circumstances, preferences and needs. This latest version of Paywizard Agile arms operators with the technology necessary to read where subscribers are in each of the ‘Decision Moments’ of their customer journey and act with greater effect in each case.”
Paywizard has streamlined the reporting and campaign filtering capability of Agile to allow Pay-TV and over-the-top (OTT) service providers to more quickly and easily access insight into subscriber movements at each Decision Moment. Vaghela explains that operators can then move proactively to win over a new prospect, prevent the loss of an existing customer, or upgrade the package of a loyal subscriber.
“Our aim is to empower Pay-TV providers to identify subscriber movements and take action when it will be most effective,” he notes. “For instance, the Decision Moments dashboard allows operators to see when potential customers have gone through most of the registration process via a website and then clicked away – in effect, an ‘abandoned basket’ – so they can then follow up with an appropriate offer. Or it can show when ‘silver’ level subscribers’ viewing patterns indicate they’re ripe for and upgrade to a ‘gold’ package, triggering the right messaging at the right time.”
The most notable new features embedded in the new Paywizard Agile platform include:
- Subscriber Movement Reports – In-depth customer activity and financial reports are now completely integrated into the core of the Decision Moments dashboard, putting an instant snapshot of subscriber activity at the operator’s fingertips;
- Campaign filtering – More granular segmentation for each Decision Moment, including active churn analysis and monitoring of subscription movements, allows better targeted and timed communications at each stage of the customer journey – including offers to pre-empt churn or change to a more suitable package;
- Capture PSP Payment Methods – Greater payment flexibility and ease of use means the ‘Bill’ moment becomes smoother for both operator and subscriber, improving the overall customer experience and preventing potential friction points.
The comprehensive updates to the Agile platform were guided directly by the findings from Paywizard’s 2016 study in partnership with research firm Decipher, which explored the attitudes of Pay-TV subscribers in the US and UK and pinpointed the key Decision Moments. The research also revealed that service levels and customer experience are now seen to be as important as content and value for money in differentiating TV services. Consumer satisfaction and perceptions of service were found to be strongly dependent on how TV operators act at each Decision Moment.
Notes for Editors on ‘Decision Moments’
The research on Decision Moments was conducted with focus groups in the first half of 2016. The aim was to identify the critical customer engagement points most likely to evoke positive or negative emotional reactions and to impact customer relationships between operators and subscribers – including the long-term success of those relationships. The eight consumer Decision Moments identified by Paywizard and validated by the focus groups interviewed for the research report are:
· ‘Find’: Deciding on a service to sign up to, that best suits the consumer’s content and cost requirements
· ‘Join’: The process of signing up, as easily and quickly as possible
· ‘Consume’: Seamless viewing of appealing content, at any time, location and on any device
· ‘Upgrade’: Flexibly upgrading your services package, as and when you like
· ‘Downgrade’: Flexibly downgrading your services package, when it suits
· ‘Bill’: Receiving accurate, clear and timely bills, using a favoured payment method
· ‘Leave’: Cancelling a subscription with as little hassle as possible
· ‘Win Back’: Re-joining a service again, at any time, without re-registering.
Paywizard has been supporting subscription-based businesses for over 18 years. Our experience is real. Helping over 100 Pay-TV operators including: ITV, Setanta Sports, BT Sport, BoxNation.
We know what it takes to acquire, grow and retain paying customers. This insight is deeply embedded in all that we do.
With over ten million customers acquired, our Paywizard Agile Platform delivers advanced subscription, billing and CRM with performance marketing modules.
When combined with our consulting services and expertise, we’ve helped our clients deliver inbound acquisition rates of up to 90%, outbound campaigns driving up to 25% conversions, and churn reduction programmes achieving turn-around figures of up to 60%.
Ultimately we deliver personalised experiences across each customer moment. The result: happy and engaged customers.
For further information, please contact:
+44 20 7486 4900
- Edgio Announces Availability of CMCD Reports - November 28, 2023
- Altman Solon Survey: Amid Sports Spending Boom, 85% of Global Sports Execs Worry Sports Rights Owners Not Meeting the Changing Needs of Media Partners - November 28, 2023
- Evergent Selects Platform Communications as Global PR Partner - November 28, 2023