- Highlights its latest cloud playout and media asset management innovations
- Introduces new FAST channel partnership with Wurl powering commercial growth opportunities across APAC
- Builds momentum on recent Planetcast International launch to bring key media services beyond India and Southeast Asia to broader regional and global markets
Singapore, 1 June 2022 – Planetcast Media Services, a leading broadcast technology and media services provider, is primed to drive growth for content owners and distributors across APAC as it brings its expanded content management and delivery services to Broadcast Asia in Singapore, June 1-3 (booth 5F1-01). The company is showing its full portfolio of cloud-based media solutions at the event following its recent launch of Planetcast International, a global initiative aimed at growing its footprint beyond its deep existing customer base in India and Southeast Asia.
Through its cloud services portfolio and established expertise, Planetcast aims to empower media and entertainment (M&E) companies throughout APAC and other regions to boost distribution, scale and monetisation potential amid rapidly evolving market conditions. At Broadcast Asia, the company is demonstrating its best-in-breed cloud playout, media asset management (MAM), OTT platform solutions, dynamic IP-based delivery and disaster recovery services for media organisations serving the expansive, diverse and fast-growing Asia Pacific market.
“We’re incredibly excited to showcase our latest cloud media innovations at Broadcast Asia this year,” said Sanjay Duda, Chief Operating Officer, Planetcast Media Services. “Our deep expertise, gold standard technology and unrivalled understanding of the complexities and opportunities within the APAC region underpin our ability to help customers navigate change and thrive in today’s challenging broadcast landscape.”
Planetcast booth visitors will learn more about its Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) services, on the back of its new partnership with Wurl, a world leader in streaming TV, to fuel new commercial opportunities for broadcasters and content owners across India and Southeast Asia. The partnership taps into the tremendous potential of Asia’s prolific TV and film production industry to bring fresh content to new audiences. Through Wurl’s AI-driven ad targeting and data expertise and Planetcast’s global distribution capabilities, media companies launching international FAST services can leverage new revenues streams across global Connected TV (CTV) platforms.
“Content owners and other media companies, whether in India and Southeast Asia or other growing markets in the APAC region, need to reach viewers at an unprecedented scale across a growing proliferation of platforms,” Duda adds. “Demand for multi-platform consumption has never been higher than it is today, and efficiently transitioning to cloud-first workflows empowers M&E organisations to meet this soaring demand.”
The services and solutions Planetcast’s international team are demonstrating and showcasing at the event include:
- Cloud.X – a full-featured cloud-based playout platform;
- MAM.C – an always-on media asset management system that resides within the cloud, manages programme schedules and receives content;
- RECASTER – a dynamic IP transport solution, which delivers a secure internet stream to a broadcaster’s distribution provider;
- Playout Disaster Recovery – a cloud-based DR solution to provide rapid protection against broadcast service disruption.
To set up a meeting at Broadcast Asia to discuss the company’s services, contact the Planetcast International team at [email protected].
- Edgio Announces Availability of CMCD Reports - November 28, 2023
- Altman Solon Survey: Amid Sports Spending Boom, 85% of Global Sports Execs Worry Sports Rights Owners Not Meeting the Changing Needs of Media Partners - November 28, 2023
- Evergent Selects Platform Communications as Global PR Partner - November 28, 2023