Planetcast Media Services, a leading broadcast technology and media services provider, announces it is showcasing the global company’s comprehensive portfolio of cloud-first media services and distribution technologies at Broadcast Asia 2023 in Singapore, June 7-9 (Booth 5k1 – 07).
The show will feature Planetcast’s suite of best-in-breed products, led by its end-to-end cloud media suite, with its Cloud.X playout solution, and its powerful range of teleport solutions, including Uplink, Downlink, Turn-around, Playout, and Disaster Recovery services. Planetcast will also demo its RECASTER managed service for global content delivery over IP. Following its recent acquisition of Desynova, Planetcast will be showcasing the company’s post-production-centric supply chain management solution, Contido.
Planetcast boasts of four geographically diverse teleports in Asia Pacific, broadcasting over 300 channels and supporting 24×7 live services for top broadcasters such as Disney, Viacom, Sony, TV18, Shemaroo, B4U, The Q, News Nation, TV9, and Times Network. Planetcast ranked seventh in the World Teleport Association’s (WTA) Independent Top Operators for 2022.
In addition to the region’s most advanced teleport solutions, visitors to the Planetcast stand will see one of the industry’s most comprehensive cloud playout systems in action, trusted and utilised by the world’s most demanding global media companies, including Disney Star, Star India, Viacom 18, and Doordarshan, the premier public broadcaster in India. Other world-leading clients include Amazon Prime Video, Discovery, and Sony.
The show will also see the APAC debut of Planetcast’s Contido cloud-native content supply chain management platform for the Asian market – added via Desynova, an international leader in global Media Asset Management (MAM) for media and entertainment companies. The addition enhances its MAM offering to deliver a leading-edge, cloud-based solution designed to handle video processing and publishing across multiple platforms.
“We’re excited to bring our latest product innovations to Broadcast Asia this year, including our unique multi-location Asian teleport services and our best-in-class live solutions currently being used globally by the Indian Premier League rightsholders,” said Sanjay Duda, the newly appointed Chief Executive Officer of Planetcast Media Services. “The team are looking forward to showcasing our proven expertise and product portfolio of solutions designed specifically for high-value media production and distribution throughout APAC. With satellite and IP network transport, playout, asset management, OTT, FAST and a growing portfolio of post-production services, we’re proud to be APAC’s leading one-stop shop for media ecosystem. At the show, visitors to our booth will see how our programme of continual innovation enables us to stay number one in Asia.”
At Broadcast Asia 2023, Planetcast will showcase how it enables broadcasters and other media and entertainment companies to deliver more content more efficiently while growing monetisation avenues. Innovative services and solutions that Planetcast is demonstrating at its booth include:
- X, its full-featured cloud playout platform, which enables FAST workflows and rapid ad insertion in partnership with Wurl, a world leader in dynamic ad insertion for streaming TV;
- Planetcast’s end-to-end Teleport services, driven by advanced, fully- automated multi-location teleport facilities in India and Singapore;
- The new comprehensive combination of Contido and the company’s existing C solution to power any media company’s content management needs;
- RECASTER – a dynamic and robust IP transport managed service, which delivers a secure internet stream from anywhere to anywhere, be it one or more linear channels or a live sports stream watched by hundreds of millions;
- Playout Disaster Recovery – Cloud-based DR solution that provides incredibly cost-effective protection against broadcast service disruption;
- OTT – End to end OTT platform and services offered in collaboration with Switch Media.
“It’s an exciting time to return to Broadcast Asia after recently attending NAB 2023. Planetcast has its foundations in Asia and has expanded to become a global media services company. Through working for some of the world’s largest entertainment companies across international markets, I believe that our global experience enables us to bring an extra layer of functionality and performance to our services aimed directly at the APAC marketplace, as we truly become a media solutions company without borders,” concluded Duda.
To set up a meeting at Broadcast Asia to discuss the company’s services, contact the Planetcast International team at [email protected]
- Leading Streaming Technology Vendors Join Forces to Offer Pre-Integration of Streaming Workflow with Edgio Managed Services - September 13, 2023
- Net Insight unveils next-gen facility interconnect reliabilitywith ST 2110 enhancement - September 11, 2023
- Appear and Skyline DataMiner Launch Live Contribution Technology Partnership at IBC2023 - September 8, 2023