Position: Platform Operations Engineer
Location: Cambridge MA US
As a Platform Operations Engineer you will be responsible for:
* Diagnosing troubles identified by network monitoring and working to resolve those issues.
* Monitoring, troubleshooting & correcting server and network problems and live network broadcasting issues.
* Working with various third parties (Engineers, System Architects, Infrastructure Vendors, Customers, and Developers) to narrow down problems and achieve resolution.
* Clearly and effectively documenting information in the Trouble Ticket system for communication to other staff, to open tickets and follow up on escalated problem
About the Team
Platform Operations is responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining Akamai’s distributed computing platform in order to achieve the highest possible availability, agility, safety, efficiency, and scalability. The Platform Operations Enablement team works with groups and individuals throughout Akamai to ensure that Platform Operations has the foundation and support needed in order to maintain the unparalleled performance of Akamai’s computing platform.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent or
* Relevant experience and a Master’s degree or PhD or
* Relevant Professional Experience
* 2+ years of experience with implementation and support of large, complex, IP-based networks or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of experience with UNIX system administration or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of experience with scripting or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of experience with database administration/ SQL scripting or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of experience with project engineering or equivalent experience
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking/WAN data communications.
* Understanding of routing and routing concepts.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.