Position: Product Design and Development Assistant
Company: Things Remembered
Location: Highland Heights OH US
The Product Design and Development Assistant provides support to the Product Development team in the design of products, creation of design briefs, and communication to the internal partners and vendors.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Owns products and projects assigned from creation of product ideation to receipt of final product
- Communicates directly with the vendor community on products assigned
- Assists Design team in preparing design briefs and reference
- Helps manage all tracking for new items
- Manages all forms and communicates changes to these to the respective teams
- Understands and executes to all established timelines
- Attend meetings with development/design/technical design to record meeting notes
- Communicates meeting notes to agents groups and vendor partners. Keep merchants in the loop on the process.
- Compiles initial costing and MOQ into design briefs for initial quotes. Communicates closely with the merchant team to understand their requirements.
- Requests and tracks all design and development samples assigned.
- Unpacks, labels and organizes vendor samples; keeps Product Development room and storage organized.
- Assists with any packaging designs and logos as required
- As a part of the design team, prepares for all style out and product review meetings with team
- Assists team in researching trends and assisting with the creation of trend decks.
- Additional duties could include assisting with design and product development: sketch, draw, concept, design, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to sketch, draw and concept is desired
- Computer Skills to include MS Office, Excel, Photoshop, and Illustrator desired.
- Highly organized
- Demonstrates a passion for products and product trends
- Strong verbal and written communication and team skills to build and enhance cooperative working relationships.
- Hands on, can-do entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 1-2 yrs of experience in retail or product development preferred
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!