Position: Product Designer
Location: Rancho Cucamonga CA US
- Conceptualize and accurately sketch multiple design ideas that represent target customer.
- Act as fashion authority to drive brand designs and point of view.
- Effectively collaborate with design team, overseas studio, and pattern maker, sample maker
- Meet all milestones and calendar due dates.
- Select fabric, yarn and trims, materials, components
- Research appropriate materials, silhouettes and components.
- Prepare and present sketches
- Research and analyze trends and competitive brands.
- Create compelling cross category concepts across- print, woven & knit
- General understanding of development and production processes
- Working knowledge of sewing construction and understanding of pattern-making
- Familiarity with design characteristics and knowledge of fabrics
- Enthusiasm for design, fabrics and product development
- A good eye for color, proportions and functionality of product
- Strong team player with positive demeanor; comfortable working with multiple functional areas
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Office environment. Utilizing an office desk – sitting, reading, listening, bending, using cutting instruments, or speaking with the ability to move intermittently throughout the day
- Travel to China, Europe, to attend tradeshows, production QC, and other general tasks as needed.
- Minimum 1-3 years of product design and/or illustration experience with a major retailer, brand or design firm.
- Ability to design concepts that are consumer focused.
- Design experience in developing icons, prints, repeat patterns & graphics is required.
- Knowledge in surface design, and applying design to product
- Must have a of proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with overseas manufacturers and vendors to develop innovative products lines preferred.
- Must provide a sample of work portfolio to be considered.
Salary Based on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Product Design: 2 years
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!