The Wohler Technologies AMP1-8-M audio monitoring unit is the perfect fit for in-studio or remote applications. The unit provides up to eight SDI audio channels and provides awesome features such as: Adjustable volume and balance controls, clear display of levels and phase indications on bright 2.4-inch, LED-backlit LCD displays, user configurations can be created, saved and recalled through the intuitive front panel interface. End users can monitor through built-in speakers, headphones or analog outputs and make with a clear cut solution for your production or dissemination.
The AMP1-8-M was the product of choice for TIMES NOW, the leading 24-hour English language news channel in India. Disseminating media information across all platforms in India including analog and digital cable, DTH and on mobile. The Channel can be viewed live outside of India on www.timesnownews.com.
“We needed to upgrade our existing audio monitoring units to keep up with the evolving inputs used in the industry,” says Kalyan Chakravarthi, Head of Broadcast Engineering, Times Network. “The AMP1-8-M is a 3G-SDI unit that monitors two groups of eight channels of audio, with good quality speakers and within our budget, which made it the perfect fit for our transition. Times Network has used Wohler monitors [Wohler’s AMP2-16V units] in the past and we have continued to be satisfied with its solutions. We know Wohler as a brand and know that the company offers exceptional sound quality and a reliable, robust system.”
Provided below are the key features for the Wohler AMP1-8-M:
- Simultaneous level metering of 8 de-embedded audio channels from SDI
- High resolution metering with 166-segment displays
- Quick, intuitive push-button selection of any pairs to sum to monitor
- Monitor through built-in speakers, headphones or analog outputs with optional muting for internal speakers
- Stereo or mono monitoring
- Stereo phase indicators
- Adjustable Volume amd Balance
- Balanced stereo analog outputs on XLR-Ms. Fixed level or volume/balance controlled.
- Automatic frame rate detection and selection
- Totally digital system architecture with high fidelity Class D amp
- Selectable line level or front panel volume control and outputs
- Shallow chassis depth for easy installation in OB vehicles and consoles
About Wohler Technologies Inc.
Creating the first in-rack audio monitoring product over 30 years ago, Wohler Technologies continues to develop critical pieces of signal monitoring technology. Adapting to the evolving standards and needs of modern professionals, the company is a leader in providing high-quality, award-winning solutions for advanced audio, video and data monitoring including powerful Audio and Video over IP capabilities. Wohler’s cost-effective solutions ensure reliable signal monitoring for a developing range of signal types, such as Dante, Ravenna/AES67, MPEG2/4 TSoIP, MPEG2/4 TSoASI, UHD/4K and SMPTE 2022-6.
Based in Hayward, California, many of the world’s finest broadcast, motion picture and production facilities are among Wohler’s customers. More information can be found at www.wohler.com.
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.