About the job
The Production Assistant is responsible for the technical setup and operation of all audio related production functions in the studio or in the field, including interviews, music, voice-overs, telephone interfaces, roll-ins, and any other audio effects that may be required. Works in other production crew positions as assigned, including Technical Director, Floor Director, Camera Operator, Tape Operator, Video Operator, Teleprompter Operator, Grip, lighting assistant, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates with the Director, Producer and Management on audio requirements and setup required
for both studio and remote productions.
• Sets up and positions microphones for talent, music and/or ambient sound as the production requires.
• Responsible for proper selection and operation of all audio related equipment.
• Maintains proper source levels (microphones, clip players, decks, telephone interface, CD, etc.) and relational perspective as production requires.
• Files equipment trouble reports as necessary.
• Assists in setting up and taking down sets and production equipment in the studio and in the field.
• Assists editors by organizing, capturing and ingesting media.
• Assists producers by logging and labeling media, monitoring productions, completing necessary reports, etc.
• Maintains network public relations with all guests and visitors in studio and on location.
• Maintains a safe and clean work area.
• Regular and prompt attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Studio Operations or Crew Chief.
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in TV broadcast/cable production or related field and experience in live audio production.
• Proficient at Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other computer programs as required.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to take direction and follow instructions.
• Excellent organizational skills as well as verbal & written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and follow through.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively, with a sense of urgency while under pressure.
• Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule.
• Understanding of the Catholic Faith and EWTN’s mission.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent technical training.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.