Position: Production Engineer
Company: Durand Glass
Location: Millville NJ US
Job Title: Production Engineer
Reports To: Hot End Resource Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Excellent opportunity for an entry level Engineer within the manufacturing facility at Arc International, North America. The Engineer will enter into a Management Training program on a rotating shift schedule. Following the initial assignment the candidate will advance to other functions within the operation with the established objective to improve productivity and quality.
In the initial assignment, responsibilities will include initiating improvements related to process, machine performance and the safety of the shift and the department.
After the initial assignment, the Engineer will move into an alternate position in the plant based on skill level, area of interest and success in the first role. The objective is to prepare the Engineer to move into a management/supervisory role within the first few years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Initiate improvements related to process, machine performance and safety of the shift.
- Facilitate corrective and preventative action on shift by utilizing Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why Analysis, Fishbone Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and other problem solving tools.
- Work alongside the Shift Foreman, who supervises all personnel and production activities during the shift
- Performs “Walk the Floor” activities throughout the plant checking on and maintaining KPIs such as yield, downtime, 6S and handling issues; collaborates with Hot End and Cold End Foremen to adjust equipment and/or manpower as needed to meet established production goals.
- Lead cross functional teams in improvement efforts; collaborate with the Hot End, Cold End, Maintenance, Warehouse, etc. on improvement projects
- Anticipate potential production issues through observation and data analysis
- Reports any process or equipment problems; takes necessary corrective action.
- Participates in all required meetings. Attends Hot End changeover meeting and daily production meeting; tracks and reports information as required.
- Adheres to, and enforces all, safety rules; acts as a safety leader*
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must understand and manage the industrial, technical and sales aspects of the manufacturing process
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a disposition to achieve results
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve complex issues
- Proficient at group facilitation
- Must have demonstrated project management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Production/Warehouse/Office Environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 1 year
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Production Support Engineer - October 22, 2019
- Entry level – Graphic Designer – Production/Print/layout - October 22, 2019
- Process Documentation Specialist - October 22, 2019