Position: Program Director – Recording Studio/Music Teacher
Company: Notes For Notes
Location: Denver CO US
Program Director – Recording Studio/Music Teacher (Denver ,Colorado.)
Are you a musician, producer or engineer? Do you want to inspire the next generation of musicians? Notes for Notes® is currently searching for a youth Program Director to work in our first Colorado Studio location.
About Notes for Notes®:
Notes for Notes® (N4N) mission is to provide youth with free access to musical instruments, instruction and recording studio environments so that music becomes a positive influence in their lives.
N4N is a national nonprofit organization that provides safe, high quality spaces for youth to explore, create and record music for free. N4N partners with Boys & Girls Clubs and other after school community centers to design, equip and staff Studios inside their facilities. Our Studios are packed with guitars, drums, keys/synths, DJ turntables, computer workstations with music creation software and full recording capabilities. As a youth development organization, our music programs foster positive relationships, personal growth and development. As we want youth to feel comfortable expressing themselves, we do not censor lyrics. Please visit notesfornotes.orgfor more information.
The Program Director is responsible for overseeing all daily operations and programs of the Studio. As a fully equipped music studio, it is the Program Director’s job to facilitate creativity of young artists and inspire them to grow as musicians and individuals. This includes developing and implementing programs that cater to young musicians’ interests. From teaching rhythm and instrumentation, to creating interactive ways to engage with youth. The Program Director must embrace teachable moments in everyday situations and serve as a positive role model for youth members. An outgoing personality is key to maintaining the vibe and culture of the organization.
We pride ourselves on the quality experiences we offer youth inside the Studios as well as the reputation and relationships we build in each community we serve. N4N is seeking qualified individuals who want to grow with the organization both locally and nationally.
- – Monday – Friday, 1:00 – 7:00 PM (Still TBD)
- – Approximately 30-40 hours/week
- – Be a self starter and add value to the Studio and organization as a whole
- – Have prior experience working with youth and be able to cultivate meaningful relationships through mentorship
- – Possess a cool, calm, and collected demeanor while bringing energy and personality to the environment
- – Be responsible and open minded
- – Be able to teach basic music theory and rhythm
- – Have proficient to advanced musicianship skills on one or more of the following: guitar, bass, drums/percussion, piano/keys, DJing, singing, production, songwriting
- – Have proficient to advanced skills in production/engineering, ideally in Pro Tools
- – Be punctual and patient
- – Pass a background check
- – Oversee and manage all Studio operations
- – Supervise youth
- – Implement programs including instruction, scheduling and engineering
- – Manage volunteer coordination
- – Perform community outreach
- – Maintain music and Studio equipment
- – Open/close Studio
- – Capture social media content through video, tracks, pictures and stories
- – Rock out!
- – Fundraising
- – Graphic design
- – Marketing
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter. Also, please complete one of the following:
- Take a short video no longer than 3 minutes of yourself answering the question, “Describe a time when music has significantly shaped or influenced or life?”
- Provide a brief write up answering the question, “Describe a time when music has significantly shaped or influenced or life?”
- Send an audio recording answering the question, “Describe a time when music has significantly shaped or influenced or life?”
Must be able to pass a background check
Must be able to pass a drug test
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour