Position: PROJECT SPECIALIST, VIDEO PRODUCTION AND EDITING PROGRAMS
Company: Denver Public Schools
Location: Denver CO US
Project Specialist, Video Production and Editing Programs
Pay Rate: $32.659
Secondary duties for the position include serving as backup to primary production crews as needed for field and studio productions to produce content for Distance Learning and Channel 22 (50%). Reports to the Station/Studio Manager for these job responsibilities.
- Align curriculum to meet the “Learning to Earning” motto of EGTC.
- Create increased awareness of certificate program through HS student participation in related events at EGTC.
Input of ideas & creativity to add to the general support/growth of the Distance Learning Dept. and DPStv
- Demonstrates teaching skills and knowledge to perform a variety of functions in the area
- Prepares all schedules and assignments for classes in the program
- Prepares and maintains the program curriculum to meet the requirements of the accrediting agencies for the program
- Participates with the Instructional Dean with program development
- Recruits/interviews/hires program teaching staff
- Participates with the Instructional Dean with annual performance evaluations of program teaching staff
- Recruits, schedules, and participates in Video Production and Editing Advisory Committee
- Advise students and promote retention of students
- Acts as the first line person with regard to student grievance
- Participates with the Instructional Dean with overall budget planning for the program
- Maintain program compliance with program approval and annual accreditation review
- Maintain all student records and report student attendance and grades using appropriate software systems
- Maintain discipline and enforce rules of conduct and behavior in accordance with school policy
- Market programs to agencies, businesses, and students
- Attend and participate in faculty, departmental, and other professional meetings, including professional development activities
- Develop and evaluate curriculum, including textbook/software selection
- Write unit lesson plans, daily lesson plans, and various written and performance assessments
- Coordinates with Station Mgr to form and plan mtgs. for a new joint advisory board that serves the VP&E Program and DPStv.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Coordinates Special TV Projects as Assigned and Time Allows (approx. 50% of time)
o Studio productions
o Distance Learning Classes/programs
o Field productions within DPS
o After-school programs for Media production
o Partnerships with other schools/media organizations
o Creation of student events as related to media production
§ Film Festivals
§ 24 hour video production competition
§ Student Video competitions (state and national)
o Supports programming for Channel 22
§ Works closely with the department IT specialist on the daily scheduling of programming.
- Supports the Department in Studio and Field Production Projects as Needed
o Crew (sound, camera, production support)
o Scheduling of Students
Hours for this position will be somewhat flexible varying between daytime and evening depending on program/production activities. Hours could include some weekend hours on an irregular basis depending on activities of program and studio.
Education & Experience:
or combination of the following:
- Preference for Master’s degree with 18 credit hours in video production
- Five years wage earning experience in the video production field within the preceding seven years
Preference for 10 years of related professional experience in lieu of degree in subject area.
About Emily Griffith Technical College