Position: PT Studio and Retail Assistant for Stationery Design Studio
Company: Ferme à Papier
Location: San Francisco CA US
PT Retail/Studio Assistant to support team at Ferme a Papier, an SF-based stationery design studio and boutique
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION: Primary responsibilities are to support Ferme à Papier, an indie paper design studio. This includes design/marketing assistance, fulfilling wholesale customer orders and providing retail customer support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Support production manager on wholesale fulfillment. Tasks include: Inventory, minor assembly of selected order items. QC’ing orders. Packing and shipping orders and customer service to wholesale customers.
-Support creative director regarding design/marketing. This includes: formatting card designs for print, creating templates for email and customer marketing (mailchimp, online pdf catalogs). Maintaining the studio websites. Creating collateral for studio events or promotions.
-Retail service and support: greeting customers, stocking inventory, taking payment for purchases-Other: light cleanup of retail and production areas
– An interest in stationery or design / print design is a plus
– Graduate or currently enrolled in a BA or higher design/art program preferred
– Comfortable/proficient in using adobe illustrator. Some knowledge of photoshop, indesign. Basic layout experience a plus.
– Basic website/social media maintenance skills – Dedicated work ethic is a must. We are a team who genuinely cares about the studio and do not hesitate to help out in all aspects, whether it is design/production support or sweeping the production floor.
– Positive background in retail and customer service. Crafty and good with hands, photography skills are a plus
– Ability to communicate effectively with other production and creative/design members- Knowledge of Microsoft office, FedEx and UPS shipping software, and google docs are all pluses- Attention to detail is a must – quality and accuracy in fulfillment is critical to our business- Independent enough to manage daly studio needs but collaborative in taking direction and working with team
– Must be organized, timely and have a can-do attitude.
HOURS/SCHEDULE: 15-30+ hours / must include one weekend Saturday (our weekly studio hours are 12:30-6:30 and weekend 12-6)).
MORE ABOUT FERME A PAPIER: Ferme a Papier, founded by artist, author and designer Cat Seto, is an independent stationery design studio and boutique based on Polk Street in Russian Hill. We design and sell our paper goods collection to hundreds of stores across the U.S., Europe and Asia, as well as online and in our own boutique. Our products are highly unique and design matters to us. We offer a dynamic, maker/indie, entreprenurial culture that is casual but very driven.
We invite you to visit our website at www.fermeapapier.comIf you are a person who enjoys working with an awesome team and in a creative design environment, please send us your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Part-time
- Associate (Required)
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Entry Level Video Producer/Editor Intern for Spirits Industry - May 21, 2019
- Freelance Editor - May 21, 2019
- Video Production Specialist - May 20, 2019