• Seasoned industry veteran with deep experience in programming media for youth markets
• Set to drive ad and sponsorship sales as The Q India rapidly increases reach in the country’s fast-growing mobile market with 230 million subscribers
Dublin / Los Angeles / Toronto, November 8, 2018 – QYOU Media Inc. (TSXV: QYOU OTC: QYOUF) (“QYOU Media” or the “Company”) today announced that it has appointed Krishna Menon as Chief Revenue Officer of The Q India (aka: The Q). Based in Mumbai, Mr. Menon will drive the advertising and sponsorship revenue in one of QYOU Media’s fastest growing markets.
Mr. Menon has nearly two decades of sales and marketing experience in the Indian media and entertainment industry. Prior to joining The Q India, he served as Chief Marketing Officer at Sakal Media Group and General Manager at Network 18 Media. Mr. Menon will be responsible for increasing advertising sales and boosting digital, channel and mobile platform revenues by creating new opportunities for monetization. Mr. Menon will also oversee The Q’s expansion into influencer marketing initiatives.
QYOU Media has quickly established itself as a go-to destination for the best original digital-first content in India, as exemplified by the launch of The Q on Tata Sky and Jio TV. Mr. Menon’s appointment is part of a number of exciting growth announcements for the company, which include naming former Sony Pictures Television Networks President Andy Kaplan, as non-executive chairman of the board and the debut of The Q mobile app on the Google Play store. In April 2018, the company announced plans for accelerating growth in India given vast opportunities in the world’s fastest growing mobile market, with 168 million subscribers.
Sunder Aaron, General Manager at The Q said: “The Q India business is growing quickly, and we’re excited to build on this momentum by bringing Krishna onto our executive management team. Krishna has a proven track record of growing media and mobile businesses in the region. He’s also someone who knows how to fashion and cultivate a brand and will serve as a key player as we further grow The Q into the leading channel and programming brand for young Indians aged 20-30 years old.”
Krishna Menon added, “I am thrilled to be joining The Q India team. I look forward to helping build The Q into a premier entertainment brand for young Indians and capitalizing on new opportunities to maximize revenue potential through ad sales, channel distribution and influencer campaigns with partners.”
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Grass Valley Underlines Position as the Frontrunner in Innovation with Award Wins at NAB Show 2019 - April 18, 2019
- ACCESS Acquires NetRange MMH GmbH to Create Next-Gen Connected In-Car and Home Entertainment Solutions - April 16, 2019
- Make.TV teams up with Mixer to create ‘battle royale’ live gaming events across the U.S. - April 16, 2019