- CANAL+ were keen to use remote production in their operations during the Cannes Film Festival 2019; broadcasting shows from “TV Festival”, managing all post-production for the CANAL+ Group in Cannes and providing all opening and closing ceremonies at the festival to international broadcasters
- Red Bee Media facilitated and supported higher-quality workflows for 32 feed remote production with an optimized contribution network platform in order to remotely produce their coverage of the Cannes Film Festival – May 14-25, 2019 using the V-Nova P.Link equipment.
- V-Nova P.Link, powered by PERSEUS Pro, enabled low-latency, frame-synchronized HD feeds at significantly lower bitrates compared to JPEG-2000 solutions
The solution from Red Bee Media and V-Nova, enabled CANAL+ to send higher-quality video at a reduced bandwidth and achieved feeds with frame-accurate sync. In reducing the bandwidth required for linear feeds, CANAL+ were also able to transfer edit packages between Cannes and Paris significantly faster than in previous years.
“Reliable transmissions are mandatory to properly operate remote production from Paris; latency compression is key,” says Ralph Atlan, Broadcast CTO at CANAL+. “We delegated this part of the workflow to the V-Nova solution delivered and supported by Red Bee Media.“
“Remote production is becoming increasingly important for broadcasters and media companies in order to provide high-quality coverage of live events”, says David Travis, Chief Portfolio Officer, Video Services at Red Bee Media. “Through the solution we deployed together with V-Nova, we were able to provide CANAL+ with a more efficient and higher-quality remote production workflow and we are proud of having taken part in delivering this high-profile event to their audiences.”
Red Bee Media offered on-site support to setup and commission the platform and provided 24/7 support for CANAL+ throughout the festival.
During the 11-day festival, CANAL+ distributed a total of 32 live video feeds. 20 of those feeds were delivered from the Cannes red carpet to the CANAL+ central facility in Paris, and 12 feeds were operated from Paris directly back to Cannes.
For more information please contact
Jesper Wendel, Head of Communications, Red Bee Media
+33(0)786 63 19 21
About Red Bee Media
Red Bee Media is a leading global media services company with a staff of more than 2500 media service and broadcast experts. With the head office in London, UK, Red Bee Media provides services from 11 main hubs around the world. Every day, millions of people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers 4 million hours of programming in more than 60+ languages for over 500 TV channels. Red Bee Media’s OTT services include live transcoding of 233 channels for broadcasters and 119 standalone channels provided to 1.7 million subscribers. The company’s content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages, and includes an image database with over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, VOD and SVOD. Red Bee Media also provides over 200,000 hours of captioning each year – more than 70,000 hours of which is live. Red Bee Media is an equal opportunity employer, with a clear focus on embracing diversity and creating an inclusive workplace throughout the entire organization. www.redbeemedia.com
- PBS39 Implements AI-Enabled Automatic Realtime Captioning from Red Bee Media - February 26, 2021
- Red Bee delivers Netherlands’ biggest livestream ever with an estimated 1.7 million joining Vrienden van Amstel live - January 29, 2021
- TV5MONDEplus successfully launched with Red Bee and Dotscreen – streaming free French speaking content to 194 countries around the world - October 27, 2020