Red Bee Media, formerly Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services, is now an independent business and will be showcasing its unique capabilities and end-to-end portfolio at NAB Show 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada (Booth #SU11625MR). The focus this year will be on Access Services, with new developments around ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition), and Content Discovery, with a strong focus on Sports Data and IMDB ratings integration. Other areas of interest will be OTT Services, PIERO Sports Graphics and Media Management.
Red Bee Media’s Access Services make sure that people with hearing or sight impairments are able to get the most out of audiovisual content. It includes the provision of subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (closed captions), sign language translation and audio description to fulfil the regulatory requirements of broadcasters and content owners around the world.
At NAB Show, the Access team will be showcasing new developments in ASR, which is promising to revolutionize the Access Services market. Being at the forefront of innovation in this field will allow Red Bee Media to enhance the services provided without impacting the quality.
The Content Discovery portfolio is based on rich, consistent and reliable TV metadata. With well over 10 million programs in the asset database, vigorously maintained for almost nine years, Red Bee Media offers a truly detailed and legacy TV intelligence. The Search and Recommendation Engine is another powerful tool for content discovery.
Sports is a major driver for attracting and keeping TV audiences and Red Bee Sports Data is a must in any outstanding TV Service. Sports Data makes the sports experience even more attractive and compelling by creating a richer and more personalized viewing experience. Red Bee Media is the only data provider that can include IMDB ratings to enrich the audience experience, giving consumers access to the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content.
Visitors to Red Bee Media (Booth #SU11625MR) at NAB Show will get the opportunity to learn how the company’s portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including: Access Services, Content Discovery, Creative Services, Media Management, OTT, Playout and PIERO Sports Graphics. Other highlights at NAB Show include live demonstrations of:
- Managed OTT Services; a media grade, end-to-end, set of OTT services that allow customers to deliver and monetize high-quality TV and video content to mobile devices in a secure and scalable manner.
- PIERO; a world-leading sports graphics solution designed to enhance analysis for broadcasters and TV service providers. The system adds tied-to-pitch 3D graphics to sporting footage to support analysis, commentary and storytelling. It is used by over 50 broadcasters around the world to deliver fast visuals on sports programming and to enhance high-profile sporting events such as the Football World Cup, NFL Super Bowl and the Olympics.
- Media Management services; for seamless delivery and robust support for linear and non-linear content preparation workflows, including aggregation, preparation, managing, storing, package and delivery.
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv to provide a more robust streaming engine across all major OTT and mobile platforms - January 25, 2022
- THEO Technologies launches hesp.live, the first HTTP-based real-time video API at scale - January 24, 2022
- IBC Accelerators: Industry leaders take action to achieve Carbon Net Zero Live Production - January 24, 2022