Today, RED Digital Cinema announced it is further simplifying its product portfolio with the availability of the DSMC2® DRAGON-X™ 5K S35 camera. RED also announced the DSMC2 PRODUCTION MODULE and DSMC2 PRODUCTION KIT, which are coming soon in early 2019.
The DSMC2 DRAGON-X camera uses the award-winning DRAGON sensor technology found in many of RED’s legacy cameras with a evolved sensor board to enable RED’s enhanced image processing pipeline (IPP2) in camera.
In addition to IPP2, the DRAGON-X provides 16.5 stops of dynamic range, 5K resolution up to 96 fps in full format and 120 fps at 5K 2.4:1. Consistent with the rest of RED’s DSMC2 line-up, DRAGON-X offers 300 MB/s data transfer speeds and simultaneous recording of REDCODE® RAW and Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD/HR.
- 480GB RED MINI-MAG
- Canon lens mount
- RED DSMC2 Touch LCD 4.7” Monitor
- RED DSMC2 Outrigger Handle
- RED V-Lock I/O Expander
- Two IDX DUO-C98 batteries with VL-2X charger
- G-Technology ev Series RED MINI-MAG Reader
- Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Lens
- Nanuk heavy-duty camera case
RED also announced the new DSMC2 PRODUCTION MODULE. Designed for professional shooting configurations, this accessory mounts directly to the DSMC2 camera body and incorporates an industry standard V-Lock mount with integrated battery mount and P-Tap for 12V accessories. The module delivers a comprehensive array of video, XLR audio, power, and communication connections, including support for 3-pin 24V accessories. It has a smaller form factor and is more lightweight than RED’s REDVOLT EXPANDER with a battery module.
The DSMC2 PRODUCTION MODULE is available for order and is expected to ship in early 2019 for $4,750 / €4,350 / £3,800. It will also be available as a DSMC2 PRODUCTION KIT that will include:
- DSMC2 PRODUCTION MODULE
- PRODUCTION HANDLE
- DSMC2 PRODUCTION TOP PLATE
The DSMC2 PRODUCTION KIT is also available for order and is expected to ship in early 2019 for $6,500 / €5,950 / £5,200.
SCARLET-W owners may upgrade to DSMC2 DRAGON-X for $4,950 / €4,600 / £4,050 through RED Authorized Dealers or directly from RED.
- ACE Unveils 2020 Online EditFest August 29th and 30th - August 13, 2020
- HPA Industry Recovery Task Force Sets Date of July 29 for Virtual Global Town Hall - July 23, 2020
- HPA Awards Announce Call for Entries in Creative Categories - July 8, 2020