Universe 3.0 boasts a powerful new Dashboard that makes it simple to explore and apply effects and presets in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects; plus five new text generation effects, presets for every tool, and the option to save your own presets
Portland, OR – January 29, 2019 – Red Giant today announced Universe 3.0, a major update to its video effects and transitions plugins for motion graphics artists and editors. With this update, users can enjoy an enhanced user experience thanks to the brand new Universe Dashboard, a dockable control board for Adobe® Premiere Pro® and Adobe® After Effects® that makes it simple to add effects and presets. Five new, customizable text generation effects give users even more ways to add a unique flair or specific look to their work. Red Giant Universe 3.0 features over 75 tools supported across 8 host-applications.
New Universe Dashboard Keeps Tools At the Ready
In Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, the dockable Universe Dashboard keeps tools at users’ fingertips, making it simple to explore and apply Universe’s entire library of effects and presets. Users can now save effects as favorites and easily find recently used effects and transitions – a top request from Universe users. A modified version of the Dashboard is also available for other applications outside of Adobe Creative Cloud, and is a convenient and easy way to explore the effects and presets in the Universe library.
Five All-New Text Generation Effects
Red Giant Universe 3.0 now includes five new customizable text effects including a multitude of presets to help users get started:
- Type Cast: Easily animate text properties like color, opacity, size, position and rotation – by the word or character. Get started with Type Cast.
- Type On: Quickly create computer terminal-style type reveals. Includes tons of options for customization and randomization. Get started with Type On.
- Screen Text: Fill your screen with scrolling code to create the look of an old-school or modern computer terminal. Get started with Screen Text.
- Hacker Text: Easily create computer hacker-style scrambled text animations. Simulate encrypting or decrypting text with many options for randomization and look. Get started with Hacker Text.
- Text Tile: Generate multiple columns full of random data for use in motion graphics and computer terminal effects. Displayed information can be static or animated. Get started with Text Tile.
In Red Giant Universe 3.0, every tool comes with presets that can be explored via the new Dashboard. In addition, there is now a “Save Preset” button for every Universe effect that lets users save presets to the Dashboard (Adobe Creative Cloud apps) or the preset browser (non-Adobe Creative Cloud apps), depending on which application is being used.
Universe 3.0 Pricing and Availability
- Full: $199 annual; $30 monthly
- Academic: $99 annual
Get Red Giant Universe 3.0
Installation is easy. Download the Universe installer from the Red Giant site (here) and run the installer application. Once installation completes, if you are a current Universe user, you are ready to start working. New users, simply click the “Activate…” button to launch Red Giant Link, and sign in to authorize the machine or start a trial. You are now good to go and all set to enjoy Red Giant Universe 3.0!
To learn more about Red Giant products, please visit www.redgiant.com/products/.
Universe 3.0 runs on Windows and OS X, and includes over 75 tools that run in:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Avid Media Composer
- DaVinci Resolve
- Apple Motion
- Magix Vegas
- Hitfilm Pro
Visit the Universe Compatibility page to learn more about specific version and OS support.
The Red Pledge
Red Pledge is Red Giant commitment to customer happiness, with no purchasing hassles. Learn about the Red Pledge guarantee at www.redgiant.com/redpledge/.
Request a Universe 3.0 Media Review Kit
Members of the media are invited to review Red Giant Universe 3.0 as well as any individual tools or product suites from Red Giant. For more information or to request a product review kit, please contact Nick Govoni at [email protected].
About Red Giant
Red Giant is a software company made up of talented artists and technologists who collaborate to create unique tools for filmmakers, editors, VFX artists, and motion designers. Our company culture is focused on finding balance between work and life – we call it “the double bottom line” – this philosophy helps us ignore complexity in favor of building simple tools that yield giant results. Over the last decade, our products (like Magic Bullet, Trapcode, Universe and PluralEyes) have become the standard in film and broadcast post-production. With over 200,000 users, it’s nearly impossible to watch 20 minutes of TV without seeing our software in use. From our experiences as artists and filmmakers, we aspire to not only provide tools for artists, but inspiration as well. Watch our films, learn from over 200 free tutorials, or try our software at www.redgiant.com.
Zazil Media Group
(p) +1 (978) 866-7354
Latest posts by Zazil Media (see all)
- Live Recording of The Birthday’s Recent Tour Shot With Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and URSA Mini Pro Using Blackmagic RAW - May 22, 2019
- Must See Sigma Cine Lenses and Presentations at Cine Gear Expo LA - May 22, 2019
- Dalet Expands Partnership with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment to Enhance the Fan Experience - May 21, 2019