Munich, February 14, 2017 — From March 6th through March 9th, premier transmitter, test and measurement and studio equipment manufacturer, Rohde & Schwarz USA, will host a series of educational events throughout the U.S. The Repacking Advanced Technology Events (RATE) are directed at broadcasters and any technical personnel involved in transitioning a TV station to a new channel as a result of the FCC Spectrum Act. (The Act mandates that 1,200 repacked U.S. TV stations be fully operational with a new transmitter in 2019. Repacking refers to the process of reassigning broadcast TV channels to a smaller portion of the TV band to free up spectrum for wireless use.)
“By bringing together some of the most trusted and experienced names in broadcast TV technology during this dynamic time, we aim to provide solid counsel and clarify questions on a wide range of technical and industry-related topics,” said Erik Balladares, Director of Broadcast & Media Division, Rohde & Schwarz. “Our goal is that each attendee take away as much operational knowledge that would take them a month of networking and meetings to gather on their own.”
Technical papers will be presented each morning in a local Rohde & Schwarz office, with an opportunity to visit an installation in the afternoon for a first-hand view of best practices in operation. Amongst the companies to present technical papers collaborating to this event Dielectric (Columbia), ERI (Burbank), RFS (Dallas), LS Telcom, Hanson, Marsand. “It’s important to show collaboration amongst players in the industry for a successful transition,” added Balladares.
*An FCC representative will be on hand at each event to discuss in-depth questions and concerns regarding the transition and the post-auction process.
Each RATE event will include seminars addressing:
- Transmission efficiency
- Transition scenarios and project management tasks
- Key elements of ATSC 3.0
- Antenna and RF System consideration
- Installation challenges and how to complete the repack in 39 months
- Keep your coverage before and after changing channel – presented by LS Telcom
In addition to an increased overall technical knowledge, RATE will provide a selection of sneak product previews.
Dates and Location Details:
March 6, 2017 – Rohde & Schwarz Headquarters and Service Center – 6821 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Columbia, MD.
March 8th 2017 – Rohde & Schwarz – 1500 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 100, Flower Mound, TX.
March 9th 2017 – Rohde & Schwarz – 2255 N. Ontario Street, Suite 150, Burbank, CA.
For event registration:
A full schedule is available upon registration.
* There will be an FCC representative in person during the event in Maryland; and an FCC representative will participate via video call to the events in Texas and California.
- TVU Networks Names Media and Entertainment Industry Veteran J.C. Albou as Sales Director, Europe - November 30, 2022
- Optimized EAS Software from PlayBox Neo Enables Customization for Several Channels While Reducing Potential Make-Goods - November 29, 2022
- Network Saturation, No Problem for France Télévisions with Starlink and TVU Networks - October 6, 2022