- With over 250 million downloads on Podcast One, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify, We’re Alive is a contender for the biggest audio drama podcast of all time
- Rusty Quill has funded the podcast series
- The Rusty Quill marketing and advertising sales engine will monetize We’re Alive: Descendants, the final We’re Alive: Story of Survival series
London, UK and Orange, CA: 5th April – Rusty Quill the leading independent podcast network, and Wayland Productions Inc. a US-based audio production company dedicated to creating “Theater for the Mind”, today announced that Rusty Quill has funded the final podcast series of the Wayland Productions produced and originated We’re Alive: Story of Survival. The Wayland and Rusty Quill co-production, We’re Alive: Descendants, launches today, when it appears on the Rusty Quill Network and all other major podcast platforms.
With over 250 million downloads on Acast, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify, We’re Alive is a contender for the biggest audio drama podcast of all time.
“It’s incredibly exciting to have played a major role in the production of We’re Alive: The Descendants, particularly as Kc Wayland’s work was an inspiration and provided Rusty Quill and the whole podcast industry with a blue-print for how to engage and excite audiences,” says Alexander J Newall, CEO, Rusty Quill. “We have funded the production and will use our marketing and advertising sales engine to monetize We’re Alive: Descendants for the benefit of Rusty Quill and Wayland Productions.”
Wayland Productions was founded in 2009 by Kc Wayland, an Iraq War Veteran, who was also nominated for a Bronze Star during his service. According to fans, his military experience makes We’re Alive feel uniquely authentic. With the launch of We’re Alive: Descendants, the series has five Story of Survivalseasons, with two mini-series: Lockdown and Goldrush, all of which were wildly popular and collected over 7,000 reviews and an average 5-star rating on Apple Podcasts. We’re Alive has also received accolades from BBC with a nomination for Best Audio Drama Podcast and iTunes on their Best Of iTunes award.
“I am so excited to bring this series to life after so many years of development, it will truly be something that no one has ever heard before. By working with Rusty Quill as co-production partner, we have been able to concentrate on what we do best – creating a podcast series that really gets into the hearts and souls of a massive global audience,” said Kc Wayland, We’re Alive writer, director, producer and CEO of Wayland Productions.
- JPIX and Qwilt Partner to Advance Streaming Media Delivery Across Japan - November 22, 2022
- Stingray and ACCESS make every journey a sing-a-long - November 22, 2022
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+ streaming service launch for Danish cinema lovers - November 21, 2022