Sales Account Executive
About the Job
It’s fun to work in a company where people believe in what they do!
WIVB-TV is stationed between historic downtown Buffalo and beautiful Niagara Falls. To those who are unfamiliar with Western New York, Buffalo may just be another “rising” city. But to all of us at WIVB-TV, we know it’s much more than just chicken wings and beef on weck. It’s the City of Good Neighbors, the Queen City, or simply – home.
From the ever-growing Waterfront development, the changing seasons, wine country, and pro sports (with passionate fans like you’ve never seen before) and the flavorful food, it’s pretty tough to beat the unique, local feel!
We’re a big city without big city congestion. Be a part of a welcoming community, a great place to live life with plenty of room to grow.
Our brand is LOCAL and we live it every day with local news coverage by our enthusiastic news team.
We offer factual news and locally produced programming with market-wide digital delivery on www.wivb.com
The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
WIVB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER