SAPEC returns to IBC with its most representative solutions for compression: Laguna and Sivac-ONE
Anyone who knows SAPEC will be familiar with solutions such as ALTUM, AVANTOS and even Xavic. All these solutions, that have been installed and on air in many national and international video contribution/distribution networks, have taken a generational leap into a new product family.
SAPEC has combined the technology of these solutions and moved it to a new higher level. Not only keeping its reliability but also adding functionalities that fulfilled the new customer requirements. The solutions are:
- Laguna Media Processor (LMP). Multi-codec Hardware platforms with Software Defined Codec Architecture.
- Sivac-One Media Processor (SMP). Very Low Latency, Very Low power, High efficiency modular platform for UHD HEVC encoder/decoder.
These are the two solutions which SAPEC will show at IBC 2022, with a focus on the latest added functionalities. These solutions can be found at stand 2.A19 (Hall 2, RAI CENTER, AMSTERDAM) during this long-awaited show. The dates of the event will be from September 9th to 12th.
LAGUNA MEDIA PROCESSOR
A multi-channel encoding/decoding solution with software-based functionalities (SDF), virtualized on a flexible and scalable hardware architecture, which makes it an optimized, multi-use solution, adaptable to each project and therefore a secure investment from customers for the future.
Laguna presents a high versatility, since it does not only support up to 8 HD channels, but also allows any combination of them in different internal architectures. The same hardware can have different internal “layouts” stored (8 encoders, 4 encoders + 4 decoders, 6 multiplexed encoders and two decoders, and a long etcetera covering any possible combination) user selectable through one “click” on the Web page. Moreover, any parameter of each channel can be configured independently of the rest (compression standard, resolution, bitrate, latency, etc.)
LAGUNA has already gained a foothold in the market as an important reference for video contributions, as well as for distribution and headends (see references here)
The Laguna family is made up of 4 models depending on the internal processing capacity and therefore the number of channels supported. For DTT headends, QUAD and OCTAL models are normally the ones that best fit due to the density of channels per rack unit, but Laguna also completes its family with the lightweight DUAL and SINGLE models.
Some interesting Laguna added functionalities are:
- SMPTE 2022-7 & SRT
- UP/Down Conversion
- ETR 290
- SCTE 35/104
- Internal Multiplexer (allows different SPTS or MPTS outputs)
- IP FORWARDING on decoders
Laguna, like all the equipment manufactured by SAPEC, incorporates a redundant hot-swappable power supply and it is a robust and reliable platform, ready to work 24×7 in the most demanding environments.
SIVAC-ONE MEDIA PROCESSOR
Sivac-One, is an HEVC/H.265 real-time encoding/decoding solution up to 2160p50/60 4K UHD, which supports decoding functionality today. The solution, based on the high performance SMP1000 card, is available on two different enclosures:
FRAME: 1 RU chassis with hot-swappable redundant power supply, with capacity for 3 encoder or decoder cards (same HW).
COMPACT: Portable and light version (<1.4kg) based on 1 SMP card and with redundant external power supply. COMPACT can be configured as encoder or decoder
- High Density: In each 1U, Up to 3 channels HEVC 2160p50/60 4K UHD (HDR, WCG) or up to 12x channels HEVC FHD/HD/SD.
- Reliability: Each SMP card is independent from the rest.
- Versatility: Each SMP card can be configured as encoder or decoder: same hardware
- Connectivity: It has a wide range of interfaces to adapt to the needs of each project: 12G/4x3G/HD/SD-SDI, ASI and IP UDP/RTP with FEC SMPTE 2022-1/2/7 (Multicast/Unicast).
- Fast: Latencies less than 150 ms (encoder + decoder): ideal for interactive video applications such as sports contributions, live news, or remote production.
- ECO: Very low consumption. 25W per card = 25W per HEVC 4K channel
See a presentation video of this solution (2 min) Here
SAPEC S.A is a company with headquarters in Spain and commercial offices in Spain and Mexico, which designs, develops, and manufactures reliable video contribution and distribution solutions for highly demanding Broadcast & Telco environments
- The Future of Digital Video Streaming with AI: Unveiling AKTA - September 13, 2023
- Spatial Mic Converter Plugin Updated To Include New Visualization Modes - June 2, 2023
- Sencore Welcomes Chad Hassler as New Vice President of Sales - May 31, 2023