Position: Satellite Communications Engineer
Location: Bridgewater VA US
The Special Projects Division of Leidos currently has a career opening for a Satellite Communications Engineer located OCONUS.
The job of the Satellite Communications Engineer is to provide overall RF and Satellite Communications support to a critical ISR project. The Satellite Communications Engineer will support multiple deployed Radio Frequency and SATCOM Communication System Suites providing overall communications support for multiple deployed aerial surveillance platforms.
- Install, configure, integrate, troubleshoot and manage HF, UHF, SATCOM, radio communications Suites and associated cryptographic equipment deployed.
- Assist Lead Communications Engineer with tracking system requirements, development efforts and assist with continued engineering of system upgrades/ improvements.
- Report directly to the Technical and Site Lead; interact with operators, users, and the military in the delivery of RF and SATCOM services.
- Maintain systems and develop preventive maintenance schedules and conduct periodic preventive maintenance.
- Additional duties as needed may include; maintaining computer IT systems, routers, switches, cabling, desktop, hardware, Supporting VSAT System and phones, creating outage reports routine event logs, installation of large satellite antenna systems.
- BS Degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience or equivalent 10 years of experience and/or military training. Additional years experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with UHF/VHF/HF radio systems, SATCOM equipment, cryptographic equipment, keying data transfer devices (DTD’s), RF Test Equipment (oscilloscopes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, multi-meters), basic electronic principles, and basic knowledge of networking equipment is required.
To be considered for this position candidates must:
- Be able to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally
- Be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
- Have a minimum active Secret clearance
- Have or be able to obtain a FAA Class III medical certificate or military equivalent (Desired but not required)
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a successful deployment physical, immunizations and training
- Must be able to travel to the system integration facility for training. This may require TDY to multiple locations prior to deployment of the system. Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and carry a distance of 100 yards as necessary.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Secret security clearance required with the ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- This position does not require flying; however, willingness to fly on occasion if needed is desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.