SGL’s FlashNet content management solution is designed to integrate seamlessly with MAM or automation control systems to provide significant improvements to workflow efficiency without intruding on the users’ familiar desktop. SGL’s Open System Architecture provides broadcasters, post production facilities, and news/sport organisations with reliable, scalable solutions with substantial cost and workflow benefits.
SGL will highlight and discuss the following solutions on booth 953:
- Asset Migration Service: The migration of tape assets from one platform to another, or from one generation to another is a costly and time-consuming process. The FlashNet Migration Service enables a whole migration to be set up as a single background task that optimizes the use of available archiving equipment and speeds up processes, reducing migration times by half.
- Cloud-based archiving to Amazon S3: Cloud storage is playing an increasing role within archiving workflows. SGL, working closely with both Aspera and Data Expedition, enables broadcasters and content owners to transfer media to AWS cloud service at a guaranteed speed, providing an additional means of storage and disaster recovery workflows.
- New entry-level FlashPack: The most effective content storage management system ‘in a box’ FlashPack provides all elements of an integrated Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) archive. There is no requirement to purchase any additional hardware or software and the new entry-level version enables smaller broadcasters and content owners to have a fully expandable archive.
- Avid Web Services integration: Whilst the fully implemented Avid Interplay Archive provides a seamless user experience, smaller work groups may require a paired down version. SGL’s support for Avid Web Services means that customers can use the archive capabilities that they currently require, but can employ Avid Integrated Archive at any time in the future without the need to re-archive any content.
- New version of FlashWeb: The latest version of FlashWeb includes enhanced search capabilities and simplified navigation allowing broadcasters and content owners to easily archive and restore material to any configured FlashNet disk or tape group. This can be achieved without the need for a controlling MAM or automation system.
- Enhanced API with support for REST via new SGL web service: SGL is introducing the upcoming version of its FlashNet API, supporting REST via its new web service. This will further simplify FlashNet integration for partners and is to be formally released later in the year.
- South Africa’s Radio Rosestad embraces IPwith Calrec’s Type R console - January 18, 2022
- Accidental Theatre Deploys LiveU’s Multi-Camera Solution to Create Dynamic Live Streaming Content - January 18, 2022
- GAC Media Selects Globecast’s Market-Leading Cloud-Based Playout and Satellite Distribution Services - January 12, 2022