Sohonet, the Emmy®-winning global experts in connectivity, media services and network security for the media and entertainment industry, has launched Multiport, a reconfigurable network access service that combines the Sohonet Media Network (SMN), Internet Access, Fastlane and WAN services into one solution that provides customers with ultimate flexibility and scalability across their network.
“We developed Multiport because we understand that now, more than ever, productions and facilities need flexibility,” says Sohonet CEO Chuck Parker. “Bandwidth usage planning has always been challenging, but it has become even harder to predict where people will be working from in today’s hybrid production and post environment, and the type of connectivity they will need based on their current workflow. Multiport gives technical operational departments a hassle-free, cost-effective option to be nimble and reconfigure allocated bandwidth to match their existing needs.”
With rate card pricing and no contractual changes to reconfigure bandwidth, Sohonet’s Multiport provides access to:
- Sohonet Media Network: Connect with over 500 M&E companies on the world’s largest private fibre network for film, TV & advertising.
- Cloud: Gain secure high-speed, direct, and flexible access to public cloud services, including AWS, Azure and Google with Sohonet FastLane.
- Dedicated Internet Access: High-speed, uncontended internet to access off-net partners and other web-based platforms.
- Inter-site connectivity: Access resources between multiple locations – including those of third parties – configured to suit your needs as either secure point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, MPLS or SD-WAN services
Multiport services are delivered over the SMN and optimized for media production workflows and security needs. Sohonet’s premier 24×7 support service is included, with access to engineers who understand media and entertainment and the technical requirements involved.
Multiport is currently available in London, Los Angeles, and New York City with plans to expand to more locations in 2022 including Vancouver, Atlanta, Montreal, and Toronto.
To learn more about Multiport and Sohonet’s leading remote collaboration solutions, go to: www.sohonet.com/multiport
- HPA Awards Announce Creative Categories Winners and Special Honors at Annual Gala - November 19, 2022
- Invaders from Mars Will Receive Inaugural HPA Awards Restoration Honor - October 26, 2022
- HPA Awards Announce 2022 Creative Category Nominations - October 5, 2022