Position: Streaming Media Engineer
Location: New York NY US
MLB Advanced Media is seeking a talented, hard working person for a full-time position in the Infrastructure Department. Streaming Media Engineers will support the encoding and transcoding pipelines for baseball related media and delivery to clients, consumers and editors. Our environment is incredibly dynamic, fast-paced, and sophisticated. The ideal candidate has a background in video streaming or post-production environments and is extremely comfortable working in macOS and Unix.
- Understanding of video streaming workflows, both live and VOD
- Basic understanding of different codecs and containers including but not limited to: AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265, and Mezzanine formats such as ProRes or DNxHD and transport streams
- Understanding of delivery mechanisms such as HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTP and UDP multicast and FEC
- Thorough understanding of Unix environments, including macOS and various Linux distros
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience with video/audio QC
- Ability to recognize and troubleshoot issues inside software applications and infrastructure environments
- Great organizational skills; must be able to track large scale projects and keep teams updated on status
- Shift flexibility is essential as this will require working nights and weekends.
- Experience with AWS and GCP including CE/EC2 and GCS/S3/Glacier
- Understanding of Windows operating system and PC based video production workflows
- Familiarity with large NAS environments including nfs and smb mountpoints
- Knowledge of CDNs including CloudFront, Akamai and CenturyLink (L3)
- Understanding of artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts.
- Ability to coordinate with Technology, Production, and Software Development teams
- Conduct benchmark, performance and stress tests in both production and QA environments
- Knowledge or experience of one or more scripting languages like Python or Bash
Broadcast Beat Magazine is an Official NAB Show Media partner and we cover Broadcast Engineering, Radio & TV Technology for the Animation, Broadcasting, Motion Picture and Post Production industries. We cover industry events and conventions like BroadcastAsia, CCW, IBC, SIGGRAPH, Digital Asset Symposium and more!