Position: Studio Assistant
Company: LaVelle Productions
Location: Philadelphia PA US
Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments are (but not limited to):
- Maintain and upkeep the studio.
- Scheduling and updating the studio calendar regularly.
- Basic administrative tasks.
- Manage equipment prep, check in/check outs. (Must be familiar with film/photo equipment)
- Help on set as a production assistant if needed.
- Assist Production Manager with production paperwork, filing, etc.
- Booking events, hotels, rentals, etc
- Opportunity to build your resume in all areas of film production and project management.
- A chance to give and receive creative input.
- Opportunity to work with a small but dedicated team, in a friendly but fast-paced environment.
- Included in team building events and activities.
- Paid Salary, with vacation days. MUST INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS IN COVER LETTER.
Successful Applicant Qualities:
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in film production or communications.
- Creativity, problem-solving, and strong technical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and take initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to take constructive criticism as a means to grow professionally.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Film set experience – strongly preferred.
- Experience with film and photo equipment.
- Knowledge of Mac platforms and software.
- Must have access to a reliable car and live within 45 mins of the studio (Northern Liberties, Philadelphia).
- Must be an excellent, detail-oriented writer and engaging, personable communicator over the phone, via email, and in person.
LaVelle Productions produces dynamic visual stories that appeal to contemporary audiences. They are a multimedia company that undertakes a wide variety of commercial, editorial, fine art, and documentary assignments with an impassioned interest in world culture, humanity, and conceptual imagery. LP specializes in creating nuanced, engaging branded content videos by combining their passion for storytelling and experience in documentary filmmaking. This organic style results in productions that build brand awareness in a way that is more effective than traditional advertising.
The LaVelle Productions team has a strong background in photo and video journalism. They have covered all aspects of the news and have a strong passion for sports. LP has covered professional sporting events in basketball, baseball, football, hockey and golf. They offer full service event coverage for news outlets, businesses, and organizations. Their extended network includes award winning cinematographers, producers, directors, audio engineers, and composers.
* Do not call – we will reach out if you are the right fit. *
Job Type: Full-time
- Film / Photo EQUIPMENT: 1 year
- Film Set: 2 years
- Philadelphia, PA