HOLLYWOOD— The Motion Picture Sound Editors (MPSE) today announce that submissions for the 70th Annual MPSE Golden Reel Awards will open Thursday, September 1, 2022. The Golden Reel Awards honor outstanding achievement in sound editing in categories spanning feature films, long-form and short-form television, animation, documentaries, games, and student work.
The 70th Annual Golden Reel Awards will take place on Sunday, February 26, 2023, at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles.
70th Annual MPSE Golden Reel Awards Key Dates:
- Thursday, September 1, 2022: Submissions Open
- Monday, October 31, 2022: Verna Fields (Student Film) Submissions Deadline
- Monday, December 12, 2022: Submissions Deadline (All Categories)
- Monday, December 19, 2022: Nominations Voting Begins
- Saturday, December 31, 2022: Eligibility Period Ends
- Monday, January 2, 2023: Nomination Voting Ends
- Monday, January 9, 2023: Nominations Announced
- Friday, January 20, 2023: Blue Ribbon Voting Begins
- Tuesday, February 21, 2023: Blue Ribbon Voting Ends
- Sunday, February 26, 2023: 70th Annual MPSE Golden Reel Awards
Rules and eligibility requirements are available on the MPSE website.
Submissions for the 70th Annual MPSE Golden Reel Awards can be made here.
This year’s Golden Reel Awards will be the first in three years to be held live and the MPSE is going all out to make it a special evening in the spirit of Old Hollywood. The ceremony will include a new venue, the historic, 1238-seat Wilshire Ebell Theatre, along with surprise guests and features as the entertainment industry’s leading sound organization celebrates its 70th year in recognizing the outstanding creative accomplishments of those who practice this unique craft.
Founded in 1953, the Motion Picture Sound Editors is a non-profit organization of professional sound and music editors who work in the motion picture television and gaming industries. The organization’s mission is to provide a wealth of knowledge from award-winning professionals to a diverse group of individuals, youth and career professionals alike; mentoring and educating the community about the artistic merit and technical advancements in sound and music editing; providing scholarships for the continuing advancement of motion picture sound in education; and helping to enhance the personal and professional lives of the artists who practice this unique craft.
- MTI Film Welcomes Industry Veteran Brian Gaffney as VP of Product for Software Division - December 4, 2023
- Patton Oswalt to Host the 71st Annual MPSE Golden Reel Awards - November 27, 2023
- “The Equalizer 3”: Veteran Sound Team from Sony Pictures Post Production Services Helps Bring the Saga of Robert McCall to a Thrilling Conclusion - November 21, 2023