Position: Summer Intern – Creative Guru / Media Buying
Location: New York NY US
Fluent is a fast-growing company transforming online advertising through a commitment to performance and people-based marketing. Backed by a powerful team of experts, Fluent’s customer acquisition platform uses real-time, self-reported consumer insights to help our clients reach, acquire, and retain their ideal customers. As the company continues to grow, the team is proud to be a premier acquisition partner to hundreds of leading brands; we also have a shiny trophy case with some tokens from Crain’s and Forbes.
We’re looking for our 2018 Summer Intern candidates! This year will be our 7th year hosting a robust class of interns. As a Summer Intern at Fluent, you will gain a hands-on experience in digital marketing working with a diverse and passionate team. You will work within a department as a tightly knit team, with a manager whose role is to guide you throughout the summer and ensure that your time is spent making an impact for Fluent.
Our paid internship program starts on Monday, June 4th and runs 10 weeks through Thursday, August 9th. Interns will work alongside Fluent employees in the office Monday – Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm with an hour lunch every day.
We are looking for a person that will work side by side our internal media buying team to come up with cutting edge, eye catching and high performing creative assets that will be seen by millions of consumers when they visit sites like MSN.com, TMZ.com, Facebook, Instagram, hundreds of other websites and major social media platforms. Before we can make creative magic happen, you’ll need to know what we’re advertising and who we’re advertising to. You’ll get experience going through the media planning and buying process that will provide you with the tools to begin brainstorming creative concepts with our media buying and design team. As we transition from brainstorming to creation, you’ll learn how to measure the impact and performance of the creative assets you’re bringing to life.
- Develop new creative concepts / assets (imagery, ad copy, video, etc) alongside our media buying and design teams that will be used in our current and future campaigns
- Work closely with our media buyers to upload creatives into various advertising platforms (Facebook, Taboola, Out Brain).
- Provide measurable feedback on the performance of the creatives (don’t worry, we’ll teach you how to do this ).
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- Are currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in good standing at an academic institution with plans to return to school for the upcoming school year
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with poise and good humor
- Bring a strong work ethic, along with stellar communication skills (verbal, written and listening), a positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, ambition, collaboration, curiosity and rigor in all that you do!
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Confident, strong communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Exceptionally organized
- Proficient with Excel
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is a plus
- Communicates effectively through written and verbal methods
- Highly proactive, efficient, and goal-oriented
- Enjoys cultivating positive relationships and possess a natural ability to connect with people
- Naturally curious and demonstrates an eagerness to learn
- Abilitiy to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to operate standard office equipment
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar full of activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes.