Position: System Engineer
Location: Plano TX US
Luminator is a leading innovator in the design and manufacturing of communications and lighting products for more than 80 years in mass transit bus and rail industries. We are continuing to build our dynamic team by adding a System Engineer.
Luminator is seeking an experienced system engineer to provide technical leadership in system architecture, from requirements definition through design, development, verification, and production for systems in the mass transit industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership and decision making in the design, development and testing of display/video systems for the mass transit industry
- Interfaces with Software, Mechanical and Electrical Design Teams
- Identifies key technologies for cross-discipline engineering projects
- Creates flexible system architectures to meet project requirements and to support product families
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to create and document system requirements.
- Supports the identification of program technical risks and the development of risk mitigation and technology maturation plans to address those risks.
- Applies knowledge in architecture frameworks to document and communicate system designs
- Supports design integration across disciplines
- Work closely with product management, project management and development teams to understand the company objectives.
- Proven history of electro-mechanical product development and delivery to market
- Must have experience with product integrations
- Experience interfacing with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Design
- 5+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in Windows Embedded and Linux based application and/or system design, development, system integration and testing
- Strong programming and scripting skills, including C/C++
- Strong experience in troubleshooting system/design issues
- Experience with IP networking
- Experience with wireless networking (cellular, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop system architecture and capture of competitive requirements
- Ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships
- Product development for the Bus, Rail, or Aerospace Industries
- Interfacing with both technical and managerial customer representatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess and demonstrate the following characteristics. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Expert user of documentation software (MS Office, Visio, PLM, etc.)
- Highly motivated self-starter accustomed to prioritizing multiple tasks/projects to meet aggressive schedules
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field
Luminator is an equal opportunity employer
Latest posts by Broadcast Beat Magazine (see all)
- Senior Front End Developer (Angular 2+) – Contract-to-Hire - July 19, 2019
- Media Assistant - July 19, 2019
- Community Partner Coordinator - July 19, 2019