Teradek today announced the launch of the Bolt 6 Series: the latest zero-delay wireless video solution that unlocks crystal-clear 6GHz transmission in high-traffic environments while remaining fully cross-compatible with the entire Bolt 4K BB3 ecosystem.
“The Bolt 6 Series expands the power and performance of the zero-delay Bolt 4K family into the recently-unlocked U-NII 5 frequency spectrum, offering users a wealth of untapped bandwidth while remaining fully-compatible with Bolt 4K on traditional 5GHz bands.” said Greg Smokler, GM of Cine Products at Creative Solutions. “We’re proud to launch Bolt 6 as the industry’s first 6GHz wireless solution, with new tools, features and scalable device options to fit every wireless workflow.”
Bolt 6 transmits and receives over the newly-available 6GHz frequency band as well as the industry-standard 5GHz, dramatically reducing signal congestion in challenging RF environments while remaining fully cross-compatible across all Bolt 4K devices, including the Bolt Manager App for iOS and Android. Every Bolt 6 device will pair with every Bolt 4K device on 5GHz bands, however a Bolt 6 TX/RX combination is required for 6GHz connectivity.
New Bolt 6 features on all models include an improved “Long Range” mode and an SDI Eye Pattern Tool to check SDI cable integrity. Bolt 6 MAX models also feature integrated flexible H antennas for increased field longevity. Like Bolt 4K, the Bolt 6 Series represents an ecosystem of devices optimized for different user workflows. Details specific to individual Bolt 6 products are as follows:
- Bolt 6 XT offers the most upgrades in the Bolt 6 family, including a redesigned form factor that’s smaller, lighter, cooler, and up to 50% quieter than its Bolt 4K counterpart. Bolt 6 will also feature an integrated 5-pin USB for a more seamless SmallHD camera-control setup.
- Bolt 6 LT fills the same demand for a compact, lightweight solution with a 750–5000+ ft. range as Bolt 4K LT, and is fully-capable of operating on the 12 U-NII 5 channels like the rest of the Bolt 6 line. Bolt 6 LT also comes in an HDMI-only version.
- Bolt 6 Monitor Modules offer ranges of 750–1500 ft. and integrate seamlessly into SmallHD Smart 7 Series Monitors like their Bolt 4K counterparts.
“We come to work every day to design solutions that help filmmakers simplify their workflows and expand their capabilities,” said Smokler. “Bolt 6 does both by future-proofing connectivity with 6GHz while maintaining 100% compatibility with the existing Bolt 4K ecosystem, delivering premium zero-delay wireless video solutions that adapt to any situation and evolve with you.”
Learn more at tdek.co/bolt6-pr
Teradek designs and manufactures high-performance video solutions for broadcast, cinema, and general imaging applications. From wireless monitoring, color correction, and lens control, to live streaming, SaaS solutions, and IP video distribution, Teradek technology is used around the world by professionals and enthusiasts alike to capture and share compelling content. www.teradek.com
About Creative Solutions
Headquartered in Southern California, Videndum plc’s Creative Solutions Division designs and manufactures premium products for broadcasters, film, and video production companies, independent content creators, and enterprises. Comprising the brands Teradek, SmallHD, Wooden Camera, Amimon, and Lightstream, Creative Solutions products are used around the world for sports, news, live events, film and television production, online streaming and gaming. Creative Solutions has manufacturing and R&D centers in the US, UK, Israel and continental Europe.
For additional inquiries, please reach out to [email protected]
- CineGear Expo Atlanta Ready to Roll at Trilith Studios - September 23, 2022
- Introducing Steadimate-RS™ for Ronin RS2, RS3 & RS3 Pro Convert Handheld gimbal to body-worn Steadicam® - September 21, 2022
- Introducing Snapgrids® for Prolights ECL Softlinear & EclPanel TWCXL + latest for Astera - September 21, 2022