In the latest progression of their partnership, The BCB will unlock the industry-leading capabilities of Bitcentral’s Core News suite.
Bitcentral, the provider of award-winning efficient media workflows for broadcast and digital video, today announces that The Broadcasting Corporation of the Bahamas (BCB), a government-run station, chose Bitcentral’s industry-leading Core News suite to create a fully redundant system that streamlines operations with more enhanced technological capabilities. This is the latest step forward in a flourishing relationship.
The partnership between Bitcentral and The BCB began in 2019, which saw Bitcentral work on one of the station locations, in Freeport. The BCB contacted Bitcentral again following Prime Minister Philip Davis’ visit to the Nassau station in 2022. He found that the system could not provide the best broadcasting service and wanted the earlier success in Freeport to be replicated. As a result, Bitcentral was immediately brought in to provide the tools to take all its broadcasting to the next level.
To make this possible, Bitcentral integrated its Core News suite, which includes the modules Precis, Create, and Oasis, into the station in October 2022. Through Core News, the BCB benefits from redundant playback for its play-to-air channels, a separate server, and separate playlists for each channel. In addition, Core News is also used for audio playback for the radio broadcasting component of the station Zephyr Nassau Sunshine (ZNS).
The BCB benefits from the following Core News capabilities:
- Precis: A reliable news production system that offers flexible, reliable, and efficient media workflows compatible with third-party news automation systems, making mixing and matching video attachments with stories inside simple.
- Create: Enhancing the collaboration process, Create distributes content simultaneously across all multi-distribution channels faster with greater efficiency, allowing anyone at an organization to log, edit, collaborate, and publish videos.
- Oasis (includes MAM / Sharing / Archive): Oasis’ Media Asset Manager (MAM) enables operators to store, search/filter, and retrieve news content wherever they are based. It provides a centralized system for remote teams for faster content creation and publishing. Oasis Sharing enables operators to collaborate with content through their existing interface openly. At the same time, Oasis Archive handles customers’ growing library of assets with a cost-effective tiered storage solution with both on-premise and cloud-based options.
Through the Core News suite, The BCB is now in the best possible position to streamline its processes and maximize the value of its content. The solution is an industry-trusted platform that will drive BCB’s operations forward with market-leading technology that enables remote production and efficiently gathers, produces, and airs stories quicker across the region through a “story-first” approach from the field to the station. Core News gives The BCB the tools for production and versioning that will help them stay ahead of the curve with this emphasis on streamlining operations. The BCB is therefore empowered to benefit from excellent efficiency and cost-effectiveness while maximizing the value of its content by reaching bigger audiences, wherever and however they are watching.
Andrew J. Burrows, General Manager (Acting), the BCB, said: “We are delighted to continue our relationship with Bitcentral by integrating its highly-regarded Core News suite. As an organization, we pride ourselves on ensuring that the people of the Bahamas receive the best possible content, no matter their location on the islands. Upgrading our systems with Bitcentral’s Core News was a no-brainer as it delivers an exceptional viewing experience, is fast, and straightforward to use. Bitcentral ensures we stay ahead of the curve.”
Sam Peterson, COO of Bitcentral, said: “Core News is a key leader in ensuring that news production facilities in regions like Latin America and beyond are in the best possible position to maximize the value of their media.
- The US Department of Veteran Affairs expands operations with new capabilities from Bitcentral’s Central Control Version 8 - June 5, 2023
- ViewNexa by Bitcentral selected by CCB Holdings to grow streaming audiences for faith-based media organizations - June 5, 2023
- Net Insight secures order for prestigioushigh-end live sports event network in Germany - June 1, 2023